"Ontario, Yours to Discover" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario by windsorgirl
Province of Ontario Travel Guide: 11,752 reviews and 28,152 photos
Ontario is Canada's second largest province, nestled in the center of the country between Quebec and Manitoba and bordering the US to the south. It contaiins our capital city of Ottawa and our largest city, Toronto. Ontario is also known for it's position amongst North America's Great Lakes, and the world famous Niagara Falls.
Despite what some uneducated foreigners might think.....it is not always cold here in Canada! We enjoy four distinct seasons.
The summers can be quite hot and humid, especially where I live in the extreme southwest of Ontario. Fall is usually magnificent with cool crisp air, colourful foliage and occasionally a warm "Indian Summer". Winter can be cold yes, and we do get snow, great for cross country skiing and just playing in. Spring is warm and wet, I love to see the trees awakening with new green growth and the first spring blooms.
Ontario may be the most populous province but it is also a huge province, larger than most European countries! Therefore, you don't have to travel far out of the urban centers before you see some beautiful farm scenery including the famous red barns. Aparantly they are painted red because that was the cheapest paint to produce back in the olden days.
In Ontario we grow, tobacco, corn, wheat, all types of fruits and vegetables.
Niagara Falls are a beautiful sight to see. They are only 54 m high but it is not it's height that is impressive, rather... more travel advice
Camping and Campfires go hand in hand. A favourite campfire activity is roasting marshmallows over the burning embers.... more travel advice
windsorgirl's Related Pages
Province of Ontario Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Driving west through the wilds"
- "Discovering Ontario"
- "Ontario, Yours to Discover"
- "Faiza`s & Ifrah`s Ontario, district by district"
- "Ontario - land of contrasts"
- "Province of Ontario"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Ontario
- Hotels in Province of Ontario
- Transportation in Province of Ontario
- Nightlife in Province of Ontario
- Restaurants in Province of Ontario
- Shopping in Province of Ontario
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Ontario
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Ontario
- 152 Reviews
- 328 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Province of Ontario?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Ontario
- updated a Province of Ontario Travel Page "Ontario, Yours to Discover"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ontario, Yours to Discover"
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Tailors in Hanoi + Pho Quoc..."
- Wrote a Review Niagara Falls in Province of Ontario Things to Do
- Commented on one of Bernd_L's Province of Ontario travel pages
Photos in Province of OntarioSee All Photos (328)
Top 10 Pages
- Thornbury Intro, 22 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 26 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 33 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tobermory Intro, 26 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Ignacio Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Baja California Sur Intro, 15 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arches National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baffin Island Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues