"Ontario, Yours to Discover" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario by windsorgirl

Province of Ontario Travel Guide: 11,642 reviews and 27,818 photos

Ontario is Canada's second largest province, nestled in the center of the country between Quebec and Manitoba and bordering the US to the south. It contaiins our capital city of Ottawa and our largest city, Toronto. Ontario is also known for it's position amongst North America's Great Lakes, and the world famous Niagara Falls.

Ontario's Weather

Despite what some uneducated foreigners might think.....it is not always cold here in Canada! We enjoy four distinct seasons.

The summers can be quite hot and humid, especially where I live in the extreme southwest of Ontario. Fall is usually magnificent with cool crisp air, colourful foliage and occasionally a warm "Indian Summer". Winter can be cold yes, and we do get snow, great for cross country skiing and just playing in. Spring is warm and wet, I love to see the trees awakening with new green growth and the first spring blooms.

Beautiful Farm Land

Ontario may be the most populous province but it is also a huge province, larger than most European countries! Therefore, you don't have to travel far out of the urban centers before you see some beautiful farm scenery including the famous red barns. Aparantly they are painted red because that was the cheapest paint to produce back in the olden days.

In Ontario we grow, tobacco, corn, wheat, all types of fruits and vegetables.

• Last visit to Province of Ontario: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Apr 16, 2008

• Aug 2, 2006 at 11:42 AM

Thank you for your write up on Point Farms. After reading it I booked a site for my anual camping trip with my buddies. We've just come back and were very happy with the Park. You were right about the sunsets too. Thanks again

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2005 at 5:02 AM

Yes, we are fortunate to live in Ontario. It really is a diverse province, with lots to see and do and plenty of parks & natural wonders. Thanks for showing it off to people who have no idea how beautiful Ontario really is. Hugs. Lori.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2004 at 2:13 PM

What a nice virtual visit to Ontario this was. Superior work as usual. Karen and I have seen many of these sights and It reminds me that we still have a lot of pages to to build.

• Bernd_L's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2004 at 11:03 PM

Very nice region you live in. Your pages make me dream about my vacation last year. I'll definitely come back.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2004 at 8:25 PM

Very Very nice page Kathy Ontario the beautiful it is wonderful to see Ontario being shown

• pedersdottir's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2004 at 5:02 PM

Spent whole summers between Waterloo and Elora - never knew about the covered bridge! Thanks so much!

• SUSAMY's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2003 at 9:21 AM

You have some gorgeous photos of Ontario! Fall in Ontario is so pretty with the changing color of the leaves!

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2003 at 4:54 PM

Wow there are so many great attractions near home. Thanks for reminding me of them. Great page all round.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2003 at 3:54 PM

Fantastic page about Ontario! Great tips and beautiful photos! Been to many of these places and loved all of them!

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2003 at 10:33 AM

we have a rail trail from lindsay north thru haliburton county for atv and snowmobiles

windsorgirl Used To Live Here!

windsorgirl

“Enjoy the little things for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things.”

Badges & Stats in Province of Ontario

Have you been to Province of Ontario?

Latest Activity in Province of Ontario