"5 Days Through Northern Arizona" Arizona by windsorgirl
Arizona Travel Guide: 10,349 reviews and 27,945 photos
Arizona is located in southwestern USA, bordered by Mexico to the south, New Mexico to the east, Utah to the North and Nevada to the west. It is mostly a desert landscape dotted with cactus. However, as you tour the state, you will encounter many interesting rock formations rising either above or below the desert plains. I enjoyed our time driving through northern Arizona. Here, you will find the historic Route 66 and of course, the Grand Canyon.
After arriving in Las Vegas and spending 2 days there seeing the sights and fuelling our bodies at the All-You-Can-Eat Buffets, we were ready to leave Las Vegas for a 2 week driving tour through Arizona and Utah.
We headed southeast from Vegas and our first stop was at the Arizona border at Hoover Dam. We contiinued on to Kingman where we caught the historic Route 66 and drove that up to Peach Springs for our first night. The next morning we had a predawn departure and drove to Hualapai Hilltop where we parked our car and hiked the 8 mile descent into the Grand Canyon to Supai and the magnificent Havasu Falls. We spent one night here, then hiked back up to our car and drove on to the Grand Canyon National Park.
After two nights and alot more hiking at the south rim of the Grand Canyon, we continued our drive east to Monument Valley at the Utah border. I'll continue our tour on my Utah pages.....
We had another quick detour back in to Arizona from Zion National Park. We drove down to see the North Rim of the Grand Canyon after a snowfall, unfortunately, there was no snow remaining on the canyon by the time we arrived, but we passed through some beautiful snow covered forest en route. Believe me, when we planned our trip to the desert state of Arizona, we never expected to see snow!!
Our last stop in Arizona was at Monument Valley. This area is on a Navajo Indian Reservation and is a magical place of... more travel advice
I think if you happen to find yourself anywhere near Arizona, you should make a point to visit the Grand Canyon. This is... more travel advice
windsorgirl's Related Pages
Arizona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful, Historic Arizona"
- "WALK IN BEAUTY"
- "Jumping Around Our Very Own State - ARIZONA!"
- "Arizona, breathtaking scenery"
- "Jumping Thelma and Louise in Arizona!!!"
- "Raising Arizona to New Heights"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arizona
- Hotels in Arizona
- Transportation in Arizona
- Nightlife in Arizona
- Restaurants in Arizona
- Shopping in Arizona
- Warnings and Dangers in Arizona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arizona
- 42 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Arizona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arizona
Top 10 Pages
- Thornbury Intro, 22 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 26 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 33 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tobermory Intro, 26 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Ignacio Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Baja California Sur Intro, 15 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arches National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baffin Island Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (14)
Top Arizona hotels
- Sedona Hotels
- 870 Reviews - 2025 Photos
- Scottsdale Hotels
- 253 Reviews - 597 Photos
- Phoenix Hotels
- 718 Reviews - 1460 Photos
- Kayenta Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 40 Photos
- Tucson Hotels
- 948 Reviews - 2194 Photos
- Grand Canyon Hotels
- 925 Reviews - 3048 Photos
- Flagstaff Hotels
- 391 Reviews - 760 Photos
- Lake Havasu City Hotels
- 95 Reviews - 208 Photos
- Page Hotels
- 248 Reviews - 689 Photos
- Payson Hotels
- 56 Reviews - 144 Photos
- Williams Hotels
- 38 Reviews - 147 Photos
- Winslow Hotels
- 30 Reviews - 123 Photos
- Oro Valley Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 47 Photos
- Tempe Hotels
- 96 Reviews - 216 Photos
- Grand Canyon National Park Hotels
- 550 Reviews - 1329 Photos