"Diamondhead Mississippi - Hurricane Katrina" Diamondhead by H1BOSS
Diamondhead Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 4 photos
I was staying in Diamondhead Mississippi for the month of June 2006 but was travelling each day to Biloxi, Gulfport, and to Slidell and Covington LA for work. I took lots of pictures of what was still remaining after Hurricane Katrina almost a year ago. Unbelievable!
A drive thru bank along the coastline is missing something very crucial - The Bank! Everything is gone except for the vault. That's what 175 mile an hour winds will do.
The casino's and condo's are in major development and reconstruction since Hurricane Katrina. The casino's are now allowed to rebuild on land as opposed to only being floating previously. Condo's didn't really exist along the coast from Biloxi to Diamondhead because there were so many beautiful century homes that were there which nobody was willing to part from. Since the hurricane has destroyed most of them, the condo developers are pouncing on them to build expensive condo's along the coastline.
H1BOSS's Related Pages
Diamondhead Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "So, this is Diamondhead, Mississippi"
- "Diamondhead Mississippi - Hurricane Katrina"
- "Basaic Diamondhead Page"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Diamondhead
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Diamondhead?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Diamondhead
Top 10 Pages
- Cancún Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dayton Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vancouver Intro, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuranda Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 3 photos
- Toronto Intro, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Surfers Paradise Intro, 3 photos
- Fraser Island Intro, 3 photos
- Pensacola Beach Intro, 3 photos