Assateague Island Favorite Tips by tpangelinan
Assateague Island Favorites: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Favorite thing: Ok, this picture is to show you how much sand a hurricane can bring! This is the parking lot just after hurricane Isabel. The Handicap praking spot is burried under at least 2 feet of sand, they dug out some of the lot for people to pull in but they haven't got to this lot yet. They had built up mounds of sand about 30 feet tall from what they did move. This island was hit pretty hard and will take a little bit to clean up.
Careful of the dunes
Favorite thing: Some wonderful dune to take photos of, but please be very careful not to disturb them, there are signs that state "Senitive are please keep off fragile dunes" you will get a fine if the ranger catches you. The storm Isabell really did a lot of damage to Assateague Island.
Fondest memory: Go for a walk along the miles of beach, smooth sand, plenty of shelling and lots of very cool driftwood to be found here! 200 yards away is the bay, so if you get bored just go over to the bay for a few photos of white egrets and other water birds flying every where.
More Reviews (7)
tpangelinan's Related Pages
Assateague Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful National Seashores"
- "Assateague Island"
- "The subject of many book reports and fantasies."
- "Wild Horses....."
- "One of Two with Wild Horses"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Assateague Island
- Nightlife in Assateague Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Assateague Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Oviksfjällen Hotels
- Ngerbodel Hotels
- Kiev Hotels
- Addison Hotels
- Île de Batz
- Famagusta District
Badges & Stats in Assateague Island
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Assateague Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Assateague Island
Photos in Assateague IslandSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 65 reviews, 69 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 55 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charleston Intro, 32 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delaware Intro, 40 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Myers Beach Intro, 38 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rehoboth Beach Intro, 45 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucaya Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florida Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 29 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue