"Welcome to Duck, Outer Banks NC" Top 5 Page for this destination Duck by tpangelinan
Duck Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 102 photos
Duck is a great town, with lots of shopping, water sports, restaurants and beach rentals. Duck is located on one of the thinest parts of the Outer Banks of NC on Route 12 heading North toward Corolla. Back in the 1970's Duck was no more than a few homes and has grown quite a bit in the past 10 to 15 years. The towns name came to be, because of the huge number of waterfowl that once magrated here during the season changes.You can still see lots of different types of birds for your viewing and photo pleasure. This is a wonderful area with friendly people and great little shops to "duck" into and take a look around. From Route 12 you can really on see the Currituck Sound side, you have to take a side street to go up and see the ocean, but the sounds side has lots to offer also, like water sports, bird watching and much more. So take a look at this great town for a vacation if you like quiet time with family. Enjoy!
- Pros:Wonderful views, lots to do, great vacation spot!
- Cons:a little pricey
- In a nutshell:Must go check out some day
This is for the environmental geek! The research is about the barrier islands of the outer banks and how they were... more travel advice
There are many clubs along the coastal roads which have a deck or deck and pier to sit and watch the sunset while you... more travel advice
tpangelinan's Related Pages
Duck Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Duck, Outer Banks NC"
- "Barrier Island Ocean Pines"
- "b1bob "quacks up" in Duck"
- "A Cool Beach"
- "Offseason in Duck -First part- 27-29 November 2004"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Duck
- Hotels in Duck
- Transportation in Duck
- Nightlife in Duck
- Restaurants in Duck
- Shopping in Duck
- Warnings and Dangers in Duck
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Duck
- 15 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Duck?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Duck
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "What were top 5 pages a week ago,..."
- Commented on one of janiac's Duck travel pages
- Wrote a Review US Army Corps of Engineers Field Research Facility in Duck Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "US Army Corps of Engineers Field Research Facility"
- updated a Duck Travel Page "Welcome to Duck, Outer Banks NC"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 65 reviews, 69 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 55 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charleston Intro, 32 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delaware Intro, 40 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Myers Beach Intro, 38 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rehoboth Beach Intro, 45 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucaya Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florida Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 29 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue