"Shhhh, don't tell anyone!" Top 5 Page for this destination Sanibel Island by tpangelinan
Sanibel Island Travel Guide: 199 reviews and 382 photos
I honestly didn't even want to do this page. I have been around the world, Guam, Hawaii, Mexico, all 50 states in fact, Canada at least 3 times, and even to Key West and Jamaica, and I have never fallen in love with a place like I did here. It is totally behind the times 50 years, and ahead of the times 50 years, an anomaly of sorts. One third is a wild life refuge. It is a beautiful place!
This is most typical an entrance to a Sanibel beach. Parking is $2.00 per hour, so staying on island, and walking or biking to the beach is the best bet. One day wouldn't kill you, but if you had to pay $16.00 per 8 hour day each day to park, for a week, this is a considerable expenditure.
Shelling, swimming, sunning, boating, water sports, fishing. The Gulf has a life and life-style all it's own. If you have only sought oceans, try the Gulf just once! It is my personal opinion that for family's, especially with small children and/or seniors, the swimming is unmatched. I saw no hostile water-life (jelly fish), and there are almost no waves. Also the depth is quite nice, at low tide you can walk so far out is is amazing.
- Pros:Beaches, family atmosphere, quiet and lovely.
- Cons:Drawbridge only entrance/exit, can be CLOSED.
- In a nutshell:I will return, if not to visit, then to live!!
Mike found beautiful flowers every where on the island. Wonderful gardens and some growing wild. These are just some of... more travel advice
Sprayed against Yellowing Disease, coconuts now are not fit for human consumption. I have never seen this before. more travel advice
- See All Causway Beaches
- See All By the shore...
- The norm for the beach and...
- Good for a rainy day...
- See All Holiday Inn, Sanibel Island Beach Resort
tpangelinan's Related Pages
Sanibel Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shhhh, don't tell anyone!"
- "Retreat to Sanibel"
- "sanibel island florida"
- "A Nature Lover's Paradise"
- "Sanibel Island"
- "Sanibel Island"
- "Sanibel and Surroundings in a Whirlwind Visit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sanibel Island
- Hotels in Sanibel Island
- Transportation in Sanibel Island
- Nightlife in Sanibel Island
- Restaurants in Sanibel Island
- Shopping in Sanibel Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Sanibel Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sanibel Island
- 27 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 47 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Sanibel Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sanibel Island
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "What were top 5 pages a week ago,..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "By the shore..."
- updated a Sanibel Island Travel Page "Shhhh, don't tell anyone!"
- Wrote a Review Island flowers are everywhere! about Island flowers and plants in Sanibel Island Things to Do
- Commented on one of Aussie666's Sanibel Island travel pages
Photos in Sanibel IslandSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 65 reviews, 69 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 55 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charleston Intro, 32 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delaware Intro, 40 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Myers Beach Intro, 38 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rehoboth Beach Intro, 45 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucaya Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florida Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 29 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue