Lovers Key Things to Do Tips by tpangelinan
Lovers Key Things to Do: 7 reviews and 7 photos
Nice wide clean beach
Hurricane Charley 8-9-2004 had a big effect on this coastline, all the driftwood and tree are now gone and when they rebuilt back up they made the beach much wider, it's very clean smooth white sand, great place for a day trip with the kids! It was not crowded whe nwe went, only a few people. Bring a cooler and hang out all day!
Driftwood on the beach
Update! Sorry to report but most if not all driftwood has been wiped out from Hurricane Charley. The face of this wonderful beach has changed forever and only memories and photos like this will kepp that alive. You must take the walkway and go out on the beach, the driftwood is every where. Very cool for photos! Make sure you bring ots of batteries here. This place reminds me of Jekyll Islands Driftwood Beach, many whole trees. There is also grills for you to cook on the beach.
There are so many different types of birds here you must bring your camera and catch a few on film. It fun to sit and watch them hunt for lunch! Just take a stroll around the park and you will run into all types of critters, happy hunting.
Make sure to bring your camera here, there is lots of wildlife to be seen. Not sure how or when it happened but for some reason I think I'm turning into a bird watcher. Every where I go any more I find myself taking photos of birds, WHY?? Florida has some of the most beautiful birds we have seen, so there I go taking picture and sharing them with you. I may not know all the names and types yet but give me time and I'll start researching them.
While walking over the bridge to cross the inner channel, couldn't help but notice these fish jumping out of the water and getting sound hangtime too! These were small silver fish about 6 to 8 inches long, this was a strange sight to see. A couple walked up to see what I was trying to capture and could not believe what they were doing. Very hard to catch one in the air, but here one is landing in the water.
Sunsets on the beach
The sunsets on the gulf coast are some of the best I've ever seen. Loves Key offers some good subject matter to add to your photos. Bring plenty of batteries and film or Memory cards.
Shelling on the Guld Coast is some of the best you ever see. Lovers Key has 2 miles of beaches to explore and shell. There are many types of shells to find here. Live shelling is illegal and you can get a fine, soo be earth friendly and put the live ones back to grow by and strong. .
More Reviews (11)
tpangelinan's Related Pages
Lovers Key Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Lovers Key Florida"
- "Under Construction, please come back later!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lovers Key
- 18 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Lovers Key?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lovers Key
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 65 reviews, 69 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 55 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charleston Intro, 32 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delaware Intro, 40 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Myers Beach Intro, 38 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rehoboth Beach Intro, 45 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucaya Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florida Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 29 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue