Fort Myers Beach Warnings Or Dangers Tips by tpangelinan Top 5 Page for this destination
Fort Myers Beach Warnings and Dangers: 12 reviews and 9 photos
Started pouring just after we got there!
While driving down to F.M.B. it was raining but not to bad. Found the realtor and got in the house, then the down pour started! Well we thought it would stop at some point but it kept up for hours. (Photo# 1) We started getting a little worried because the pool was filling up fast, then it crested over the side and on to the patio! At this point we had a large waterfall coming down from the roof over the patio into the pool! (Photo# 2) I'm thinkin' hope this place has good drainage because at this point the water has worked it's way up to about 2 feet from the house! (Photo# 3). Well the water never got any closer so the builder knew what he was doing! The rain finally stopped many hours later, the pool was still very full so we let the kids have a ball which helped to bring the level back near normal. It went on to be a great trip!
Police on the beach
You will find that the police here do walk long the beach so it does give a sence of comfort too. Just don't act up and you won't have to deal with them, fly under the radar so to speak. There is a few hotel/bars along this strech of beach which can be a little noisy and full of drunken kids so if you have your family, may we suggest move down the beach a little.
Oh my! The traffic here is SOOO SLOOOOW MOVING! In some parts in Estero Blvd. the speed limit is 15MPH, so don't think you can just buzz right through, not gonna happen. It will take at least 20 minutes or better to get from the edge of Lovers Key to the San Carlos bridge. So plan ahead for this.
Highly suggest you behave yourself because the polica are ever present! They are on bike cycles, motor cycles, cars, SUV's, feet. So if you are the loud or trouble making type, be on your best behavior or you will meet them personally. They like to hang out under the bridge in packs.
Pelicans in flight could be a fright!
Pelicans in flight can be graceful or is could be a fright! These birds are huge beggers from the fisherman. They do get fed by fisherman who have caught a rather small fish, it may wind up in a pelicans mouth. So beware of LARGE bird droppings, may we suggest a hat or umbrella!
More Reviews (33)
- See All Find the coupons!
- See All Happenin' Place at night
- See All Bird watching at Sanibel
- See All Go to see the J.N. Ding Darling Wildlife...
- See All Sea Shell!!
tpangelinan's Related Pages
Fort Myers Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Fort Myers Beach"
- "Seeing The World But Stuck In Fort Myers Beach"
- "A GREAT BEACH TOWN"
- "fort myers beach florida"
- "Estero Island is the Place for Me"
- "Fort Myers Beach"
- "Fort Myers Beach Page by Michel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Myers Beach
- Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
- Transportation in Fort Myers Beach
- Nightlife in Fort Myers Beach
- Restaurants in Fort Myers Beach
- Shopping in Fort Myers Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Fort Myers Beach
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bohol Warnings and Dangers
- Passau Warnings and Dangers
- Kruger National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Tegucigalpa Warnings and Dangers
- Monument Valley State Park Warnings and Dangers
- Clearwater Beach Warnings and Dangers
- Zion National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Genting Warnings and Dangers
- Cash / Money
- General Security Advices
- Scranton Warnings and Dangers
- Wengen Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Fort Myers Beach
- 38 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Fort Myers Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Myers Beach
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "What were top 5 pages a week ago,..."
- Wrote a Review When it rains it pours in Fort Myers Beach Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "When it rains it pours"
- updated a Fort Myers Beach Travel Page "Welcome to Fort Myers Beach"
- Commented on one of Dalifriend's Fort Myers Beach travel pages
Photos in Fort Myers BeachSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 65 reviews, 69 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 55 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charleston Intro, 32 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delaware Intro, 40 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Myers Beach Intro, 38 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rehoboth Beach Intro, 45 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucaya Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florida Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 29 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (52)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Fort Myers Beach hotel reviews
- Pink Shell Beach Resort & Spa
- 1341 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Carousel Inn On The Beach
- 139 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Lovers Key Beach Club and Resort
- 190 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Island House Motel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 2, 2013
- DiamondHead Beach Resort
- 501 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- GullWing Beach Resort
- 260 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Carlos Pointe Beach Club Condominiums
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 30, 2013
- Best Western Beach Resort
- 552 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Outrigger Beach Resort
- 547 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Mariner Boathouse Beach Resort
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 8, 2013
- Estero Island Beach Club
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 1, 2013
- Windward Passage
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- Caribbean Beach
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 12, 2013
- Leonardo Arms Condominiums
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 30, 2012