"Fort Myers is BEAUTIFUL!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Myers by tpangelinan

Fort Myers Travel Guide: 91 reviews and 202 photos

If this place is not pretty, then

I'm sure I don't know what is folks! Mike and I had precious little time for this wonderful town. For more on Fort Myers, go to an expert, someone who lives there,
Bob can tell you the inside stuff.
(Photo: Michael Sullivan)

The best part of Fort. Myers was...

NO DOUBT about it, meeting Bob/tropicdiver was our favorite part of Fort Myers! We had lunch together at the Shrimp Shack.
Now that we have met, and let Bob pick the restaurant twice, we can tell you right now...Bob knows good food!!! He can choose our restaurant any time. We met again for dinner, that was on Sanibel Island, and it was even BETTER!! Mike and I really like this area, and feel it is one of the most beautiful we have ever seen. It was very hot in May, I would love to visit in January to check it out.
(Thanks to the manager of Shrimp Shack for taking this picture of our mini VT meeting! ) We really had fun.

Near the Edison Home...

I like statues, and this is really a typical street scene. We didn't have much time here, but would like to go back again. If you like palm trees, swimming, great restaurants, shopping, and warm ocean breezes, this is a town for you!! The beaches are so plentiful, and I felt for families, or seniors, you could not pick better swimming.

• Pros:Beautiful Beaches, Great Food, Nice People
  • Cons:Hmmmm....I can't think of any.
  • In a nutshell:Nice place to visit, lucky if you live there.
  • Last visit to Fort Myers: May 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 18, 2003

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2003 at 8:14 AM

GOOD PAGE ON SOUTH FLORIDA THANKS FOR COMMENTS ON MY PAGES

• Simonneeddy's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2003 at 8:18 AM

Loved Fort Myers on the two occasions we were there for a month each. Walked the beach for miles every morning. (Had an open heart operation the year before)

• rebibi's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2003 at 11:58 AM

I see why you would like to move to Florida! It's really a beautiful place. Kite surfing looks great!

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2003 at 2:49 PM

Oooh that Shrimp Shack sure sounds good. Good choice Bob:-) You could sure have some fun with those gator heads. What a lovely spot - sounds like you need to go back:-)

• Nobbe's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2003 at 3:26 PM

Brings back good memories! =)

• zrim's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2003 at 3:15 PM

Ft. Myers seems to have a nice pace of life.

• RhondaRuth's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2003 at 1:15 PM

The Gulf side of Florida is my favorite. Drove thru Ft Myers to Naples. Beautiful area and you got some nice pictures here. Dunnellon is north of Tampa.;-)

• o00o's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2003 at 5:53 AM

YOu had shrimp shack there and I got lobster inn Cape cod last week with Daddygila.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2003 at 6:03 PM

Just hearing the words Shrimp Shack makes me hungry!! LOL Kite surfing looks like a Hoot!!

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2003 at 7:15 PM

Fort Myers also looks like a place I would enjoy.............no, not the kite surfing or wind surfing...........but I would enjoy watching others. Wonderful page, thank you.

tpangelinan

“Dance with the Dolphins”

Badges & Stats in Fort Myers

Have you been to Fort Myers?