"Delaware City, Delaware, USA Est. 1826" Delaware City by tpangelinan
Delaware City Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 13 photos
A town on the river. The Historical Fort of Delaware on Pea Patch Island is really interesting especially if you are a Civil War Buff.
Can not only be seen in one day, but 1/2 a day would really do it justice. I recommend 1/2 a day here in DE City, and 1/2 day in Old New Castle is a perfect historical trip. If you home school, these would both lend to required historical trips for credit.
no shop to rent a bike, have to bring it with you.
Summer is nicer, some shops close a lot in Winter months.
Around the corner from Delaware City, is the ChesDel Restaurant. It is made from two diners imported from other places, and a large addition built on. An interesting lady named Mary Fix tells us she used to work at one of the origional diners in Wilmington 1961 when it was located Front & Madison, which is now Front & Lancaster Ave.
It was called the Country Grill Diner.
It was owned by Ann and Charlie Murphy, and Mrs Murphy comes to ChesDel to visit and dine on occasion.
Another diner overheard this conversation Frank Hood. He ran a 22 man crew for Penn RR. He remembers Mary serving 22 hungry railroad workers at the Country Grill.
The other diner was located on rt. 13 & 40. It was called the Viking Diner! Two antique diners, lots of history, home cook'in like moms!
Farm people have eaten here for years, and lucky travelers. They have regulars because the food is great, see our Restaurant Tip!
- Pros:Small, a little 'shabby-shique', quiet.
- Cons:Small, not much to do, no night life what so ever.
- In a nutshell:There is not even a hotel in this place, it's that small.
Driving around looking at the very old architecture. This summer we plan to go see a Civil War day event at the Fort of... more travel advice
There really is no night life spot that I know of in this town! Take a walk and hold hands by the river, thats about... more travel advice
tpangelinan's Related Pages
Delaware City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Delaware City, Delaware, USA Est. 1826"
- "dons14's new Delaware City Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Delaware City
- Nightlife in Delaware City
- Restaurants in Delaware City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Delaware City
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Delaware City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Delaware City
Photos in Delaware CitySee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 65 reviews, 69 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 55 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charleston Intro, 32 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delaware Intro, 40 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Myers Beach Intro, 38 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rehoboth Beach Intro, 45 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucaya Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florida Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 29 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue