"Jamaica" Top 5 Page for this destination Jamaica by tpangelinan

Jamaica Travel Guide: 2,494 reviews and 4,971 photos

Yea, Mon!

Montego Bay is beautiful. We stayed at Sandals, Inn, Montego Bay. This gave us a quiet hotel, but access to 2 larger more active hotels and lots of resturants.
No private beach at the Inn, (don't let the photos fool you). We went across the street and swam and sunned on the beach anyway. Lots and lots of locals will try to sell you lots of items. Tip: Buy small item from largest group/biggest guy on beach the first day. They'll leave you alone after that. You will learn to say NO Thanks.

Swimming here is therapy to mind, body, and soul.

If you are on any kind of 12 step program, perhaps Jamaica is not your island. You will be approached by multitudes of all walks of life trying to sell you extra curricular activities.
Just say No thanks or .....(I'll leave that up to you folks at home).
If you like water sports, good food, beautiful beaches, (and I am an expert on beaches) you will love Jamaica!

The view from the bar.

Sandals Inn is beautiful, and the view from our room was perfect. A mild dissapointment for me was the fact that a 10 foot wall is around the resort to keep out sales people and so on. This means no ocean view from ground floor anywhere except the front door and the back gate. We worked around that. The other two hotels have lots of dining, pool bars and so forth with ocean views.

• Pros:Great swimming, nice weather, great photo opps
  • Cons:High pressure sales everywhere, driving.
  • In a nutshell:Urge to cry when time to leave...
  • Last visit to Jamaica: May 2002
  • Intro Updated May 31, 2004

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Sounds nice getting around in the Horse & Buggy, but the Hotel with no lift, too expensive not to have that!

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2006 at 8:14 AM

nicely put

• Susi_Blackforest's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2005 at 4:30 AM

Thanks for the great tips, hope we can visit Jamaica next year!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2005 at 1:10 PM

Wow! The water looks just perfect! Would love to go there one day... Thanks for having a look at my Crete page!

• hotsauce28's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2005 at 6:03 PM

thanks for visiting Cabo!!! I had fun touring Jamaica-man!!

• travelife's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2005 at 5:31 AM

very informative.. . cant wait going there

• Guitarist's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2004 at 8:16 PM

I use to have a pen pal in Jamaica. I wish I had known some of the things you mentioned at the time.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2004 at 12:28 PM

It's such an attracting destination. You've had a wonderful trip, especially for swimming lovers! Thanks!

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2004 at 12:36 PM

Enjoyed reading this page. Looks like you had a fun trip to Jamaica. Great Photos & tips. Well Done (~_~)

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2004 at 5:25 PM

Nice pictures and tips on Jamaica. Thanks for visiting my Fiji pages. You would love it there.

tpangelinan

“Dance with the Dolphins”

Badges & Stats in Jamaica

Have you been to Jamaica?

Latest Activity in Jamaica