"Delaware Travel" Top 5 Page for this destination Delaware by tpangelinan
Delaware Travel Guide: 872 reviews and 1,658 photos
Tweet, tweet, singing birds, and warmer weather, ahhh Spring has sprung!!! There is a true feeling of brotherhood when you and your neighbors come out into the light, having survived another winter. Flowers are blooming, trees budding and it's like a Cinderella movie around here. Everyone is cleaning now, spring is new life and a clean start to...more travel of course!
Top of the Opra House on Market St. in Wilmington, Delaware. Located on what we call the Market Street Mall. This is a beautiful part of Wilmington, and my favorite part of the city to visit. I like Union Street for great restaurants. Wilmington is a city of Parks! Best time to visit is the late spring, (April, May, June) and anytime in the fall, Sepember, October, November. Some of the most authentic, and antique buildings are on Market St. Lots of great restaurants too.
Delaware is so close to everything! That does make it the 'small wonder'.
My house is:
15 minutes from Philadelphia International Airport, and 22 minutes from the Center City, the Historical District, the Franklin Institute, the Phila. Zoo, Philadelphia Art Museum, River
Front, and South St.
3 hours to the Pocono Mountains
1.75 hours to Lancaster, PA (Amish Country)
20 minutes from Camden NJ Camden Aquarium, and Ent. Center.
18 minutes from New Jersey, 1 hour from Atlantic City, and 2 hours from Cape May, NJ.
1 hour from 6 Flags, Great Adventure
2.5 hours from New York City
1.5 hours to Baltimore, MD and Baltimore Aquarium
2.25 hours to Washington D.C.
2 hours to the BEACH!!!!!!
And did I mention there is NO Sales Tax!
Delaware is in the middle of all the fun!!
- Pros:Beaches, bay, no sales tax, great resturants
- Cons:Northern Delaware is Industrial Wasteland
- In a nutshell:Go south, we roll the side walks up at dark in Wilmington
Lotsa Pasta, say hi to Johnny, tell him Terry and Mike sent you. Have a Corona with a lime and a Godiva Chocolate... more travel advice
Del Rose Cafe, 1707 Delaware Ave. 656-3015 Trolley Square’s award winning music venue and fine dining. Been here a long... more travel advice
- Frawley Stadium, Home of the Blue Rocks!
- See All Food not great, but the games are good!
- See All From July to August
- See All New Castle County Farmers Market
- See All Come in the summer and go to the...
tpangelinan's Related Pages
Delaware Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Delaware Travel"
- "DELAWARE--The First State"
- "What did Della wear boys, what did Della wear?"
- "Just Passing Through"
- "Delaware, Disc Golf, and Dogfish Head"
- "kathycollins's Delaware Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Delaware
- Hotels in Delaware
- Transportation in Delaware
- Nightlife in Delaware
- Restaurants in Delaware
- Shopping in Delaware
- Warnings and Dangers in Delaware
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Delaware
- 223 Reviews
- 261 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Delaware?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Delaware
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 65 reviews, 69 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 55 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charleston Intro, 32 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delaware Intro, 40 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Myers Beach Intro, 38 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rehoboth Beach Intro, 45 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucaya Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Beach Intro, 40 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florida Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilmington Intro, 29 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue