"Welcome to Ocho Rios, Jamaica" Top 5 Page for this destination Ocho Rios by tpangelinan

Ocho Rios Travel Guide: 276 reviews and 640 photos

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Ocho Rios Jamaica is full of things to do and see. The views of the mountains, the Dunn's River Falls and Dolphins Cove to name a few activitiesto see here. You can fall in love with this place called Jamaica, and not ever want to go home. Get out and meet the local people to get a feel of the real culture here. This is a beautiful land full of wonderful people who have some great stories to tell. Jamaicans are a proud people and very friendly, they also have many beautifl crafts and carvings, so shopping is a must. Come check out this paradise.
Ya Mon!

• Pros:Beautiful place to vacation, lot of nature this to do, great shopping
  • Cons:Poverty
  • In a nutshell:Got to go at least once.
  • Last visit to Ocho Rios: May 2002
  • Intro Updated Jul 5, 2004

• Jan 28, 2010 at 2:06 PM

certainly not the "grave stone" but maybe a monument for barrett browning as her and her husband are buried in florence, italy.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2007 at 9:12 AM

So now I know where you got that great shot of Terry and the dolphins. Swimming with dolphins is high on our list of things to do.

• jennwerner's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2007 at 8:00 AM

Thanks for the tips. We will be in ocho rios in two weeks. Jenn

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2007 at 7:07 AM

Great Ocho Rios tips and photos and I can see why you love it so much. Thanks!

• sarahjayn's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2005 at 7:57 PM

this is my parent's favourite part of the island.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2005 at 1:17 PM

Blue mountains with great coffee, beautiful beaches, colorful boats. I can see why Elizabeth Barrett Browning would choose to rest in peace here. The dolphin experience sounds like something to add to my list of things to do before I die!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2005 at 8:51 AM

Great bathing with dolphins! Beautiful beaches and coast, excellent off the beaten path tips. Poverty? I can't see any :-) Well, I must ask about personal safety there.

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2005 at 9:03 AM

What a great experience interacting with the animals! Looks like a lovely place. I never knew Elizabeth Barrett Brownings's grave was here!

• rebibi's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2005 at 1:56 PM

This page brought back good memories but I missed Dolphins Cave! But I'm even not sure if this already existed in 1980?? Very beautiful pictures!

• american_tourister's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2004 at 9:23 AM

Thanks for the tips. We have been diverted from Negril to here by Beaches so it is an unanticipated trip.

tpangelinan

“Dance with the Dolphins”

Badges & Stats in Ocho Rios

Have you been to Ocho Rios?

Latest Activity in Ocho Rios