"Surprisingly pleasant ..." Saaremaa by Aig
Saaremaa Travel Guide: 178 reviews and 485 photos
In hotels and restaurants the service was friendly, professional and to get by with English only was no problem. Nature very well preserved.
The place is relatively uncrowded, tranquil, no noisy parties .... almost no Eastern block tourists with their own weird behaviour, no drunken Brits ... so the place passes the first test be qualified as a pleasant :)
Weather is a gamble, however. Car is a must, I believe.
Lynn Hotel: friendy, clean, reasonably prices, in the city center.
Mardi: cheap, decent, 3 min walk to the city center.
Georg Ots: spa hotel, two pools, sauna, very basic fitness center included in price, friendly.
Every restaurant located on the central square in Kuressaare is pretty average. Service is reasonably good, food is rather average.
Two restaurants down the Lossi street: La Perla and another one about 50 m down the street are probably the best ones. For La Perla -- make a reservation, if in high season.
Sare: in the very southern tip of Saaremaa, there is a restaurant, a rather decent. Authentic fish. Very specific "spicy mexican cake". Generally, impression is very good, English no prob, meals rather small.
- Pros:Tranquil, friendly, well preserved nature.
- Cons:Access by ferry only, need a car, weather a gamble, only a few beaches.
- In a nutshell:Great place to visit, if you seek tranquility & enjoy walking. For best experience - go by car and plan to stay at least 4 days.
You definately need a car to see the Saaremaa. To get to the places. To get to walking tracks. To get to... more travel advice
Really, I didn't find any tourist traps. If one pays the listed price, that's it ... no prob. more travel advice
Aig's Related Pages
Saaremaa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saaremaa island"
- "Saaremaa - Estonia’s largest island"
- "A "must visit" place in Estonia"
- "Saaremaa, Estonia's Big Island"
- "Surprisingly pleasant ..."
- "land of 7 winds"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saaremaa
- Hotels in Saaremaa
- Transportation in Saaremaa
- Nightlife in Saaremaa
- Restaurants in Saaremaa
- Shopping in Saaremaa
- Warnings and Dangers in Saaremaa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saaremaa
- 8 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Saaremaa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saaremaa
Top 10 Pages
- Saaremaa Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- Austria Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Bogotá 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Manizales 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Oman Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Bahrain Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Medellín 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Colombia Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Dubai Intro, 1 review, 1 photo