Isla Margarita Favorite Tips by Renteboy Top 5 Page for this destination
Isla Margarita Favorites: 13 reviews and 18 photos
The indian face
Favorite thing: To give you the story of a particular mountain, is that of the one that looks like a face. You can see it realy clear when you are visiting the mangroves (see other tip)
Locals telling the story of an old Indian that resurrect in that mountain protecting this island from major disasters. During history few earthquakes in the area made no damage on the island at all, in contradiction to other islands, even this place is near hurricane territory but it never got hit as they all diverted (that is what the story tells, I am not a meteorologist ;-) … this is all the work of that Indian which looks after the island. (see if you can find him)
Getting a henna tatoo on the beach
Favorite thing: Know that when you are on the beach, lots of vendors will cross it to sell you stuff! However in contradiction of some places, these where very friendly and if you said "NO" once, they will not ask you twice.
Know also that these people are living in poverty and this is there way of making money, sometimes the things they make or do are indeed nice and worth buying... a henna tatoo for instance.
offroad? no sir, I wouldnt dare :)
Favorite thing: There is nothing nicer then driving with a car tru the island. You can go where nobody has gone before ;)
If you want to go out for dinner at the evening or watch the sunset on a beach alone...
Favorite thing: No! if your from Europe, don't change your travel money to dollars! In all exchange offices they accept euro's!
My seccond time to the island, I extract the day of my departure some money (euros) and at the airport in Isla i changed it to Bolivars! You dont lose the exchange-"cost" in dollars at home AND afteral you get more money from euros than dollar!?
Fondest memory: The only exchange office i advize is in the airport, you'll get more money than form exchange offices in the street and you'll know you are save ;)
Favorite thing: Even the official currency is very weak, you can pay wit US $! But, I advise you to change your dollars into Bolivars because you'll pay upto 25% more in US $ ...
More Reviews (35)
- See All Mind drunk drivers
- See All Church of San Juan Bautista
- See All Golden Paradise
- See All Porlamar
- My shopping list
- See All Isla Margarita under water (Scuba)
Renteboy's Related Pages
Isla Margarita Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The sunset isle"
- "Caribbean beauty"
- "Margarita Island, a quick look"
- "Isla Margaria - Pearl of the Carribean"
- "Isla Margarita"
- "Loved it"
- "Margarita Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla Margarita
- Hotels in Isla Margarita
- Transportation in Isla Margarita
- Nightlife in Isla Margarita
- Restaurants in Isla Margarita
- Shopping in Isla Margarita
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla Margarita
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla Margarita
- 40 Reviews
- 156 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Isla Margarita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Margarita
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Margarita Intro, 40 reviews, 156 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Étretat Intro, 27 reviews, 73 photos
- Albi Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos
- Scotland Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florac Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Carcassonne Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Inverness Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Croatia Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Belgium Intro, 1 review, 3 photos