"The sunset isle" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Margarita by Renteboy

Isla Margarita Travel Guide: 164 reviews and 483 photos

Isla Margarita... the pearl of the Caribbean! As from my first trip to the island I knew there is heaven on earth! The silence in the wind at dawn, the sound of the waves in the morning, the creak of the sun at noon, whisper of birds which are exposing the victory of the ocean over the sun in the evening... People, if life would be a singer, Isla Margarita would be his song! (aug 04)

I was cleaning my house, while I suddenly stumbled up against my travel memories. I still got this big map of this island and many names and addresses over there. I never really updated this page after they improved the VT site allowing to share more pictures. I suddenly realised again that I had almost 800 photos of Isla Margarita, so lets give this site a small upgrade :-) Hope you will injoy the new pictures. (1may 06)

Travelogues

More details in my travelogues about the people and nature! View the map to know about the island! The centre of each part accommodates mountains.

To bad I only got 3 chapters over here, I could write thousands of them so visit my Travelogues of the Nature and People as well!

Comments

Dear all,
In my 2 visits I gained a experience of a life time and can write books of it. But to give you the message... I will have to look very hard to find an Island like this somewhere else! Happy people, yellow beaches, blue oceans, nice hot weather, cheap, you lay down all day at the pool or put on your adventure gear and give your best shot!

All my love to the people of the pearl of the Caribbean!
Lieven

• Pros:If I win the jackpot, I will buy a house and move over there!
  • Cons:None?
  • In a nutshell:the pearl of the Caribbean
  • Last visit to Isla Margarita: Oct 2002
  • Intro Updated May 1, 2006

• Feb 25, 2007 at 8:08 AM

thank you for great tips. We will definitely look for these cool places to dine (hope we can fine the one with the monkeys). We are going to Isla M.in May for kitesurfing but also plan to explore the island with the car. So thank you again.Cheers

• alycat's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2006 at 9:47 PM

There is something about sunsets at the beach!!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2006 at 5:19 AM

Great info! Still looking for a place to go these days...

• Goldenboy's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2006 at 2:58 PM

Seems youre enjoying lots of fun ... :)

• zafilm's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2006 at 11:36 PM

HI.....thanks for the B'day wish. I enjoy reading your Isla Margarita page. Wish to visit there 1 fine day.CHEERS.....

• MargaritaGem's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2005 at 3:14 PM

my house is just down the road from there in Guarme. So Guacuco is my local beach!!! i live out there part time at the moment

• Linse's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2005 at 4:45 PM

Great page and a lot of good information we needed for our upcoming holiday on Margarita. Thanks :o)

• Narviking's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2004 at 7:03 AM

Nice page. Wish I could leave freezing Narvik and go to Isla Margarita right now! Greetings from Norway !

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2004 at 12:24 PM

An excellent page on Margarita!! You got it right in touring the island to see its many wonders away from the beaten tourist tracks!

• R-men's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2003 at 5:13 AM

nice page, good info.

Renteboy

“If you wait for tomorrow, you lost another day...”

Badges & Stats in Isla Margarita

Have you been to Isla Margarita?

Latest Activity in Isla Margarita