"(12 days) backpacking South-Croatia" Croatia by Renteboy
Croatia Travel Guide: 13,212 reviews and 36,212 photos
We could have done more wasn’t it my girlfriend was pregnant, but the temperature was to high to make it a really loaded vacation, so we enjoyed the countryside in our own –easy– way.
I found it very difficult to plan this journey via the VT site. Reason was there was to much info of lots of places of which I never heard of and couldn’t situate them geographically. I thought it was my duty to build the first and the best site special for backpackers going to Croatia.
I summarized my journey on this global Croatia site and subdivide it to specific cities. So if you click on every highlighted text you will be redirected to more info!
Here is in short how our travel plan looked like.
Our trip started early in the morning. We headed to the Airport in Brussels for a 2h10min flight to Dubrovnik. Each one of us had a backpack with there own stuff, which is much easier in use if you want to travel trough the country.
Our plan was to head as fast as we can north and make our way back to Dubrovnik over the 12 days. Well actually the first and last day are more in reference to the flight, so you end up with 10 days of true holiday.
1) We found our first room in the outer quarters of Dubrovnik in LAPAD to spend the night before we taking the bus to Split for a 5hour drive.
2) We stayed in Split for 2 days and took one step more north to Sibenik which is a 3hour drive.
3) In Sibenik you have the opportunity to visit the KRKA reservation and some other nice places we took 3 days for it.
4) We definitely want to go on one of the islands so we went back to Split and took a ferry to Supetar on the island Brac. We stayed here for 3 more days and took the bus back to Dubrovnik on which we stayed for 2 more days before taking the plain back to Brussels.
Split (2 nights)
Sibenik (3 nights)
Supetar (3 nights)
Dubrovnik (2 nights)
must lead to tips
- In a nutshell:Stunning Countryside
Each one of us is unique and so is there taste, so far my first excuse! I must admit the food isn’t the item they will... more travel advice
If you want to buy cheap or have a larg offer of choice, the KONZUM is a larg department store which can be find near... more travel advice
Renteboy's Related Pages
Croatia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY CROATIA"
- "Idyllic Croatia"
- "Hrvatska for Europe!"
- "Croatia - the summary of Europe."
- "A road trip through Croatia"
- "Natural Beauty and Stunning History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Croatia
- Hotels in Croatia
- Transportation in Croatia
- Nightlife in Croatia
- Restaurants in Croatia
- Shopping in Croatia
- Warnings and Dangers in Croatia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Croatia
- 5 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Croatia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Croatia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Margarita Intro, 40 reviews, 156 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Étretat Intro, 27 reviews, 73 photos
- Albi Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos
- Scotland Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florac Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Carcassonne Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Inverness Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Croatia Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Belgium Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Top Croatia hotels
- Split Hotels
- 913 Reviews - 2390 Photos
- Dubrovnik Hotels
- 1816 Reviews - 4824 Photos
- Cavtat Hotels
- 157 Reviews - 419 Photos
- Zagreb Hotels
- 1867 Reviews - 4711 Photos
- Opatija Hotels
- 184 Reviews - 439 Photos
- Pula Hotels
- 528 Reviews - 1230 Photos
- Hvar Hotels
- 376 Reviews - 1004 Photos
- Rovinj Hotels
- 324 Reviews - 863 Photos
- Makarska Hotels
- 52 Reviews - 306 Photos
- Vis Hotels
- 71 Reviews - 192 Photos
- Porec Hotels
- 277 Reviews - 640 Photos
- Mlini Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 22 Photos
- Tucepi Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 51 Photos
- Trogir Hotels
- 198 Reviews - 673 Photos
- Zadar Hotels
- 369 Reviews - 1168 Photos