"arg, a real nice homeland" Belgium by Renteboy
Belgium Travel Guide: 22,107 reviews and 55,681 photos
It wouldn't be me, if I make no advertising for my homeland...
A fine country at the centre of Europe! The beating hart of life with a history which goes back at the stone-ages!!
The cultural history is one of the key points of the warm atmosphere what make it so special! The weather is a bit too "grey" for me, but hey that makes a pub so useful!
Ghent, no doubt, the most beautiful city of Belgium! Otherwise like Brugge and many others the city has a réal historical background starting from the Middle Ages. Ghent is the capital from Flanders (you must know that there are 2 language areas in B! Dutch in the north, Frence in the south) ... the Dutch part ;-)
If you wanna spend a real warm, typical belgian night in some local pubs, go to Ghent! Perhaps I'll be your guide for that day? :)
1 final remark! Food and Drinks!
I want to start with an acceptance of the apology from the English-speaking people, because you all do have to know: there is no such thing as "French Frites"... they are 100% Belgian! And we are damn proud of it! You must eat then in Belgian, I can guaranty you, we are the chosen craftsmen for frites :)
Never the less, Belgian is a bear country! I make a wild guess but there should be around 200-300 types of beer. I try to do my best to taste them all, but at the and of the night i can't remember the first one ;) hmm strange ;)
and oh we have damn good chocolate too. But I must tell you: the Belgian Waffle... it is more know and loved in foreign countries as over here... after all, it stays a cookie =)
- Pros:Beer, belgian fries, waffels and ... choclats :P
- Cons:there is no Con's here ;)
- In a nutshell:the place to be :P
Renteboy's Related Pages
Belgium Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Belgium by cows". Translation: Norali"
- "Belgium is like >. big!"
- "Belgium - So small but so different in landscapes"
- "My Homeland"
- "Paul's Journey Through Belgium"
- "The real cows"
- "Belgium places to visit and beers to drink"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belgium
- Hotels in Belgium
- Transportation in Belgium
- Nightlife in Belgium
- Restaurants in Belgium
- Shopping in Belgium
- Warnings and Dangers in Belgium
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belgium
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Belgium?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belgium
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Margarita Intro, 40 reviews, 156 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Étretat Intro, 27 reviews, 73 photos
- Albi Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos
- Scotland Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florac Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Carcassonne Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Inverness Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Croatia Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Belgium Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Top Belgium hotels
- Brussels Hotels
- 5622 Reviews - 11928 Photos
- Brugge Hotels
- 2698 Reviews - 7188 Photos
- Antwerp Hotels
- 2892 Reviews - 7155 Photos
- Oostende Hotels
- 527 Reviews - 1683 Photos
- Ieper Hotels
- 484 Reviews - 1387 Photos
- Charleroi Hotels
- 98 Reviews - 133 Photos
- Leuven Hotels
- 483 Reviews - 1046 Photos
- Namur Hotels
- 189 Reviews - 490 Photos
- Gent Hotels
- 1411 Reviews - 3631 Photos
- De Panne Hotels
- 89 Reviews - 127 Photos
- Turnhout Hotels
- 111 Reviews - 153 Photos
- Mechelen Hotels
- 285 Reviews - 676 Photos
- Liège Hotels
- 197 Reviews - 586 Photos
- Auderghem Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 7 Photos
- Mons Hotels
- 212 Reviews - 416 Photos