"arg, a real nice homeland" Belgium by Renteboy

Belgium Travel Guide: 22,203 reviews and 55,896 photos

It wouldn't be me, if I make no advertising for my homeland...

A fine country at the centre of Europe! The beating hart of life with a history which goes back at the stone-ages!!

The cultural history is one of the key points of the warm atmosphere what make it so special! The weather is a bit too "grey" for me, but hey that makes a pub so useful!

My hometown: ghent

Ghent, no doubt, the most beautiful city of Belgium! Otherwise like Brugge and many others the city has a réal historical background starting from the Middle Ages. Ghent is the capital from Flanders (you must know that there are 2 language areas in B! Dutch in the north, Frence in the south) ... the Dutch part ;-)

If you wanna spend a real warm, typical belgian night in some local pubs, go to Ghent! Perhaps I'll be your guide for that day? :)

Frites and Beer

1 final remark! Food and Drinks!

I want to start with an acceptance of the apology from the English-speaking people, because you all do have to know: there is no such thing as "French Frites"... they are 100% Belgian! And we are damn proud of it! You must eat then in Belgian, I can guaranty you, we are the chosen craftsmen for frites :)

Never the less, Belgian is a bear country! I make a wild guess but there should be around 200-300 types of beer. I try to do my best to taste them all, but at the and of the night i can't remember the first one ;) hmm strange ;)

...
and oh we have damn good chocolate too. But I must tell you: the Belgian Waffle... it is more know and loved in foreign countries as over here... after all, it stays a cookie =)

• Pros:Beer, belgian fries, waffels and ... choclats :P
  • Cons:there is no Con's here ;)
  • In a nutshell:the place to be :P
  • Last visit to Belgium: Jan 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 13, 2003

Renteboy Used To Live Here!

Renteboy

“If you wait for tomorrow, you lost another day...”

Badges & Stats in Belgium

Have you been to Belgium?

Latest Activity in Belgium