"Beddgelert" Beddgelert by eddilowe
Beddgelert Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 81 photos
Snowdonia tips relating to Beddgelert:
Beddgelert - Gelerts Grave
St Marys Parish Church
Welsh Highland Railway
Beddgelert is a beautiful little village in the heart of the Snowdonia National Park just 2 or 3 miles from Mount Snowdon itself. It is easily accessible by car or cycle and there are many walks in the area of all levels. Access has also been improved in recent years by the restoration of the Welsh Highland Railway, providing an amazing way to get to and from the village with the re-opened station.
The name comes from the legend of Llewellyn, prince of North Wales in the 13th Century and his dog Gelert who is said to be buried on the outskirts of the village by the River Glaslyn (see my tip on Gelerts Grave - link above). There are, however, many other suggestions for the origin of the villages name and also said to be other similar legends to that of the tragic Gelert across Europe.
The village is the nearest to the spectacular Glaslyn Gorge and sits at the confluence of the rivers Colwyn and Glaslyn.
eddilowe's Related Pages
Beddgelert Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bloomin' Beddgelert"
- "The village of Legend."
- "A cute Snowdonian Village"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beddgelert
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Beddgelert?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beddgelert
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 33 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snowdonia Intro, 28 reviews, 36 photos
- Lake District National Park Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wolfsburg Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Loiré Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Birmingham Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Dingle Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottinghamshire Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Germany Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.