"Knighton, Powys, Mid Wales" Knighton by eddilowe
Knighton Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 5 photos
700 years ago the town was the scene of one of Owain Glyndwr's most famous victories against English invaders. There are sloping, winding, narrow streets and half timbered houses.
There is a livestock market each Thursday and Friday and there are fairs in May and Autumn.
It is an ideal base for exploring the Offas Dyke footpath which roughly traces the England/Wales border for around 70 miles. Offa's Dyke was built by King Offa of Mercia to mark the boundary to his Kingdom and dates from the 8th century. In total it stretches 150 miles. Offa's Dyke is the longest ancient, man made feature in Britain.
I did some serious hunting on the Internet to locate the best value rally day I could find for price and time behind the wheel. This came out tops by far and is some of the best money I've ever spent!
The rally school is located not far from Knighton.
eddilowe's Related Pages
Knighton Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Knighton
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Knighton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Knighton
Photos in KnightonSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 33 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snowdonia Intro, 28 reviews, 36 photos
- Lake District National Park Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wolfsburg Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Loiré Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Birmingham Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Dingle Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottinghamshire Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Germany Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.