"Wolfsburg, home of VW" Top 5 Page for this destination Wolfsburg by eddilowe
Wolfsburg Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 211 photos
Founded on a green field site in 1938 it developed from a worker settlement for those who worked producing the car into a modern city and came to be known as Wolfsburg in 1945 - named after the 700 year old Wolfsburg castle.
We only had one day and night in Wolfsburg and that was taken up by the visit to Autostadt, a tour round the VW factory and a trip to the VW museum.
I had really wanted to get into the castle but we didn't have enough time.
Please have a read of my Germany Travelogue which is a diary of our 10-day road trip
We actually had a bit of trouble finding this place. It was quite late in the evening when we arrived and I think the... more travel advice
The VW Museum in Wolfsburg. If you're visiting the Autostadt you can get a free shuttle bus to and from the museum.... more travel advice
eddilowe's Related Pages
Wolfsburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Autostadt Wolfsburg"
- "VWs and odd sights"
- "Wolfsburg, home of VW"
- "Autostadt - Volkswagen City"
- "Volkswagen HQ at Wolfsburg"
- "Knoto's new Wolfsburg Page"
- "Wolfsburg = VW ???"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wolfsburg
- Hotels in Wolfsburg
- Transportation in Wolfsburg
- Restaurants in Wolfsburg
- Shopping in Wolfsburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Wolfsburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wolfsburg
- 4 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Wolfsburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wolfsburg
Photos in WolfsburgSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 33 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snowdonia Intro, 28 reviews, 36 photos
- Lake District National Park Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wolfsburg Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Loiré Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Birmingham Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Dingle Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottinghamshire Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Germany Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.