"Avanos from my Eyes..." Avanos by kedi+
Avanos Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 35 photos
Avanos is set on the banks of the Kizilirmak, the Red River, which gets its name from the clay that it deposits. This clay has provided Avanos with pottery for centuries and the town is still dominated by this industry despite the inroads that tourism has made in the area. The main street has numerous shops and workshops selling plain and decorated pots and plates and you can watch the potters at work using kick wheels, the design of which has remained unchanged for generations. Many of the workshops will encourage you to have a go yourself.
kedi+'s Related Pages
Avanos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Avanos: The Pottery capital"
- "GETTING DOWN AND DIRTY IN AVANOS"
- "Avanos from my Eyes..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Avanos
- Hotels in Avanos
- Nightlife in Avanos
- Restaurants in Avanos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Avanos
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Avanos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Avanos
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 33 reviews, 33 photos
- Turkey Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palermo Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Ferrara Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paros Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Mantova Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos