"My Beautiful City..." Istanbul by kedi+

Istanbul Travel Guide: 7,887 reviews and 20,398 photos

Bosphorus...

Well.. Let's start with the most blue part of Istanbul. 8)) Here we are, on Bosphorus. I didn't travel around the world so much however if I compare with the cities I've been, Istanbul's always the most beautiful, charming and full of surprises..
Bosphorus combines Black Sea and Marmara Sea together.. The best way of enjoying Bosphorus is taking a boat and start from south to north and watch the panaroma calmly and in the end of the trip have a nice meal in a small town called Anadolu Kavagi. What you can eat there? Of course fish!! 8) And some wine or our traditional alcohol drink raki! ;) But beware of raki, it's tough. (%40-45 alcohol)
Also there are many many interesting places around Bosphorus..like restaurants, cafes, bars, night clubs,... Whatever you ask for..

Must seens of Bosphorus..

They are alot.. But I'll tell the bests.. If you are at Bosphorus you can't miss two bridges on it that combine asia to europa. While we were preparing for the Olimpics, our slogan was "Istanbul, where the continents meet! " So it takes just few minutes to change continent. Sounds cool ha 8))? For passing you can use also steamboat (vapur in turkish). It's really nice, I suggest to try it.
The places like Ortakoy, Besiktas, Eminonu, Bebek, Arnavutkoy, Istinye, Sariyer (Europian Part) and Kadikoy, Uskudar, Kuzguncuk, Cengelkoy, Beykoz, Beylerbeyi,... (Asian part) have nice places to eat, drink and enjoy Bosphorus..
In Rumeli Hisari ( castle from Ottoman times) there are concerts all the summer long. They are well organised. It's better you take tickets 2-3 days before, usually they are full!

At night, she is fancy with her lights...

When you will see her at night, you will fall in love with her once more..

• Last visit to Istanbul: Nov 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 31, 2003

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2008 at 1:49 AM

Great pages on Istanbul Asli. eline saglik.

• IngaA's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2007 at 9:04 AM

Haven't 'seen' you for ages:) But spent 2 days in your great homecity, loved it and dreaming of coming back:)

• mikkie50's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2007 at 8:14 AM

merhaba asli :-)) wonderful pages on istanbul yes it is our top city to visit. wil be there in two weeks :-)))))maybe having some sarap with Gokce :-)) ciaooooo mikkie

• mabozer's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2005 at 9:05 AM

good pages, regards bozzy

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2005 at 6:03 AM

Asli you put all your love in this page! I think it deserves a golden 5! How wonderful the mosques are! and ayasofia! Amazing and have you met Demi Moore?I'd love to go to Istanbul again and this time maybe to meet my friend Asli! Great page, Luv Istanbul

• Aug 19, 2004 at 1:52 AM

Turkey seems a mix of east and west... very enticing

• talmid's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2004 at 1:53 AM

Ah! Ancient Constantinopolis and modern Istanbul....how much I liked your city. And your pictures bring me nice memories...I want to go again there!

• glennkasner's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2003 at 2:51 AM

Very nice page Kedi - Your selection of photos is great

• Vintom's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2003 at 7:28 AM

Some really nice stuff on your pages Kedi.

• norboo's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2003 at 8:28 AM

a very eligant and beautiful.... page. like your self....

kedi+

“Miyaf!”

Badges & Stats in Istanbul

Have you been to Istanbul?