"My Beautiful City..." Istanbul by kedi+
Istanbul Travel Guide: 7,929 reviews and 20,594 photos
Well.. Let's start with the most blue part of Istanbul. 8)) Here we are, on Bosphorus. I didn't travel around the world so much however if I compare with the cities I've been, Istanbul's always the most beautiful, charming and full of surprises..
Bosphorus combines Black Sea and Marmara Sea together.. The best way of enjoying Bosphorus is taking a boat and start from south to north and watch the panaroma calmly and in the end of the trip have a nice meal in a small town called Anadolu Kavagi. What you can eat there? Of course fish!! 8) And some wine or our traditional alcohol drink raki! ;) But beware of raki, it's tough. (%40-45 alcohol)
Also there are many many interesting places around Bosphorus..like restaurants, cafes, bars, night clubs,... Whatever you ask for..
They are alot.. But I'll tell the bests.. If you are at Bosphorus you can't miss two bridges on it that combine asia to europa. While we were preparing for the Olimpics, our slogan was "Istanbul, where the continents meet! " So it takes just few minutes to change continent. Sounds cool ha 8))? For passing you can use also steamboat (vapur in turkish). It's really nice, I suggest to try it.
The places like Ortakoy, Besiktas, Eminonu, Bebek, Arnavutkoy, Istinye, Sariyer (Europian Part) and Kadikoy, Uskudar, Kuzguncuk, Cengelkoy, Beykoz, Beylerbeyi,... (Asian part) have nice places to eat, drink and enjoy Bosphorus..
In Rumeli Hisari ( castle from Ottoman times) there are concerts all the summer long. They are well organised. It's better you take tickets 2-3 days before, usually they are full!
When you will see her at night, you will fall in love with her once more..
Dogatepe is located in Etiler, on the hills very near to Bosphorus University.. It has a breathtaking beautiful view..... more travel advice
It's a cheap way of transportation if you compare to other cities.. But attention! Don't pay more than taximeter says... more travel advice
- Galatasaray... The Legend..
- Taking a taxi..
- See All How nice travelling on the Bosphorus !!
- Carpets carpets carpets....
- See All The Lion's milk, RAKI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kedi+'s Related Pages
Istanbul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STROLLING THROUGH ISTANBUL"
- "The only city in the world build in 2 continents"
- "Istanbul not/and Constantinople"
- "istanbul tips"
- "My Beloved Istanbul"
- "Beauty, Culture, & History - All In One Place!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Istanbul
- Hotels in Istanbul
- Transportation in Istanbul
- Nightlife in Istanbul
- Restaurants in Istanbul
- Shopping in Istanbul
- Warnings and Dangers in Istanbul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Istanbul
- 39 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Istanbul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Istanbul
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: RE: Help me in Spanish please.."
- Commented on one of caffeine_induced78's Istanbul travel pages
- Wrote a Review Viewtiful breakfast on a lazy sunday morning.. in Istanbul Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Viewtiful breakfast on a lazy sunday morning.."
- created a Istanbul Travelogue "Images of old Istanbul..."
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 33 reviews, 33 photos
- Turkey Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palermo Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Ferrara Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paros Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Mantova Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos