Dublin Packing List Tips by IrishFem Top 5 Page for this destination
Dublin What to Pack: 58 reviews and 36 photos
No one on the bus
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: We hardly had a summer here.. so always pack wet gear..and something trendy to wear out at night.. otherwise you will be refused entry, especially wearing trainers. Lots of cobblestones in some parts of the city so do take a good pair of walking shoes with you. This year 2006 we are having fantastic weather, hotter than the med. Check the weather before you arrive. Nothing worse than being too cold /warm.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: You can buy anything you want here...
Photo Equipment: Expensive, buy before you arrive.
Miscellaneous: Irish people and the weather:
It is often said that the Irish are a Mediterranean people who only come into their own when the sun shines on consecutive days
(which it last did around the time of St Patrick). For this reason, Irish people
dress for conditions in Palermo rather than Dublin; and it is not unusual in March to see young people sipping cool beer outside city pubs and cafes, enjoying the air and the soft caress of hailstones on their skin. The Irish
attitude to weather is the ultimate triumph of optimism over experience:
Every time it rains, we look up at the sky and are shocked and betrayed.
Then we go out and buy a new umbrella.
More Reviews (153)
- See All Award winning Thai restaurant
- See All Dublin's Wheel
- See All Brand New Generator Hostel arrives in...
- See All Big place, big crowds
- See All Dublin Pass from Ten Euro
- See All Car Hire
IrishFem's Related Pages
Dublin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ultra Trendy Capital City"
- "Great place - but not the real Ireland"
- "Dublin - The Windy City!!"
- "My first trip to Ireland!"
- "Dirty old town"
- "The GREAT city of Dublin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dublin
- Hotels in Dublin
- Transportation in Dublin
- Nightlife in Dublin
- Restaurants in Dublin
- Shopping in Dublin
- Warnings and Dangers in Dublin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dublin
- 154 Reviews
- 207 Photos
- 43 Forum posts
- 227 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Dublin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dublin
Photos in DublinSee All Photos (207)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 154 reviews, 208 photos, 10 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 32 reviews, 111 photos, 7 travelogues
- Medellín Intro, 8 reviews, 88 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bogotá Intro, 25 reviews, 69 photos, 6 travelogues
- Singapore 12 reviews, 67 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 22 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (25)
- Kilmainham Jail- 68 Reviews, 115 Photos
- Trinity College- 141 Reviews, 214 Photos
- Guinness Brewery- 140 Reviews, 215 Photos
- Dublin Castle- 110 Reviews, 183 Photos
- Temple Bar- 51 Reviews, 77 Photos
- Ha'penny Bridge- 54 Reviews, 87 Photos
- Christ Church Cathedral- 91 Reviews, 158 Photos
- St. Stephen's Green- 58 Reviews, 120 Photos
- Millennium Spire- 21 Reviews, 34 Photos
- O'Connell Street- 35 Reviews, 62 Photos
See All Dublin Things to Do