Dublin Warnings Or Dangers Tips by IrishFem Top 5 Page for this destination
Dublin Warnings and Dangers: 96 reviews and 43 photos
Use caution when you're withdrawing money from ATM machines. Crime, like any city is rampant in Dublin especailly when it comes to withdrawing money from cash machines. Make sure no one is peeping over your back or if you're in the middle of withdrawing cash don't fall for someone tapping you on the shoulder and whilst you look around another person is stealing your cash. Keep you hand over the machine when punching in your id number.
If this does happen call the police or the Irish tourist Assistance Service.
If you're in difficulty or have been a victim of crime report the incident to the Gardai (Police) and call ITAS. The office is open seven days a week and assists tourists throughout Ireland. ITAS assists with the following:
Canceling credit cards - arranging money transfers
Contacting travel companies in relation to re-issuing stolen travel tickets
Liaison with embassies for passport/ID replacement
Arranging accommodation, meals, transport in emergencies.
Helpline (calling from Ireland) 1890 356 700 Open Monday to saturday 10am to 6pm. Sunday and Public holidays 12pm to 6pm
Lets hope you never have to use the number.
Phone: 1890 356 7000
Dublin has become much more violent. Unfortunately it is no longer safe to walk around the streets with a mobile (cell) phone day or night. Be careful that it is not snatched from you. Never ever leave anything on the seats of your car. The windows will be smashed and anything you have will be taken. Be careful if you want to take a walk along the liffey boardwalk, apparently its full of junkies and drunks who's main objective is to verbally attack anyone that walks by. The police are trying to clean this area up but we don't have a huge police force so they are hard to spot.
More Reviews (151)
- See All Award winning Thai restaurant
- See All Dublin's Wheel
- See All Brand New Generator Hostel arrives in...
- See All Big place, big crowds
- See All Dublin Pass from Ten Euro
- See All Car Hire
IrishFem's Related Pages
Dublin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ultra Trendy Capital City"
- "AT LAST I MADE IT TO DUBLIN"
- "Great place - but not the real Ireland"
- "Dublin - The Windy City!!"
- "My first trip to Ireland!"
- "Dirty old town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dublin
- Hotels in Dublin
- Transportation in Dublin
- Nightlife in Dublin
- Restaurants in Dublin
- Shopping in Dublin
- Warnings and Dangers in Dublin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dublin
- 154 Reviews
- 207 Photos
- 43 Forum posts
- 227 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Dublin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dublin
Photos in DublinSee All Photos (207)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 154 reviews, 208 photos, 10 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 32 reviews, 111 photos, 7 travelogues
- Medellín Intro, 8 reviews, 88 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bogotá Intro, 25 reviews, 69 photos, 6 travelogues
- Singapore 12 reviews, 67 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 22 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (24)
- Kilmainham Jail- 78 Reviews, 142 Photos
- Guinness Brewery- 141 Reviews, 216 Photos
- Trinity College- 142 Reviews, 221 Photos
- Dublin Castle- 111 Reviews, 184 Photos
- Christ Church Cathedral- 93 Reviews, 169 Photos
- Ha'penny Bridge- 58 Reviews, 92 Photos
- Temple Bar- 57 Reviews, 95 Photos
- St. Stephen's Green- 76 Reviews, 163 Photos
- Millennium Spire- 29 Reviews, 45 Photos
- O'Connell Street- 42 Reviews, 78 Photos
See All Dublin Things to Do