"Ultra Trendy Capital City" Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin by IrishFem
Dublin Travel Guide: 5,324 reviews and 10,039 photos
May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!
Dublin is the Capital of Ireland. It was founded by the Danes and know as "Dubh-Linn which means "Blackpool". The offical Irish name is Baile Atha Cliath.The correct pronunciation is "Boll-yah aw-hah clee-ah. Which means The Town on the Ford of the Hurdles. Irealnd has its own language (Irish) although everyone speaks English as a first language. Further afield in the West or South you will find areas that speak Irish only. You will come across signs in both Irish and English. For example our Prime Minister is called An Taoiseach pronounced "Tea-shock". The Police are called "Garda Siachana pronounced "Garda Shickhana" . There are many sites to see in this small city with lots of free things to do and see. Dublin is very Cosmopolitan, it was voted European City of Culture in 1999. Now we have many cultures living here and an increasing migrant population from Eastern, Western, African and Asia counties, a chance to taste different food instead of potatoes, bacon and cabbage. Since March 2005 smoking is now forbidden in all work places. Many pubs have beer gardens and patios to cope with the demands of smokers and it is now a place where you can flirt outside with the opposite sex or same sex whatever takes your fancy. Its called Smirting. Ireland also went metric this year. I hope my pages are helpful and if you have any questions please let me know. I would be delighted to help you plan your trip to my beautiful country.. and don't forget.. Guinness is good for you...
- Pros:Very Friendly people.
- Cons:The Weather is terrible..and its expensive
- In a nutshell:Plenty to keep you busy
Dublin Zoo is located in The Phoenix Park 3km from the City Centre. The Zoo is recognised as one of the most modern in... more travel advice
Copper Face Jacks is a nightclub that is for fun and single people. It's well know to be a pick up place , well know for... more travel advice
- See All Award winning Thai restaurant
- See All Dublin Pass from Ten Euro
- See All Car Hire
- See All Local artists
- See All Soccer In Dublin
IrishFem's Related Pages
Dublin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ultra Trendy Capital City"
- "Great place - but not the real Ireland"
- "Dublin - The Windy City!!"
- "My first trip to Ireland!"
- "Dirty old town"
- "The GREAT city of Dublin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dublin
- Hotels in Dublin
- Transportation in Dublin
- Nightlife in Dublin
- Restaurants in Dublin
- Shopping in Dublin
- Warnings and Dangers in Dublin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dublin
- 154 Reviews
- 207 Photos
- 43 Forum posts
- 227 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Dublin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dublin
Photos in DublinSee All Photos (207)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 154 reviews, 208 photos, 10 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 32 reviews, 111 photos, 7 travelogues
- Medellín Intro, 8 reviews, 88 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bogotá Intro, 25 reviews, 69 photos, 6 travelogues
- Singapore 12 reviews, 67 photos, 7 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 22 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos