"Bunbury, not as bad as l thought." Top 5 Page for this destination Bunbury by IrishFem

Bunbury Travel Guide: 120 reviews and 499 photos

Dolphins, Limos, and sunsets.%

I arrived in Bunbury, not knowing what to expect. Friends and Australians told me to by pass the small town. To my delight, l found a wonderful hotel called the Lighthouse Beach Resort on Carey Street, the owner sent a Limo to collect me from the train station. I have a beautiful room with a view of the Indian Ocean and took a wonderful trip out to see the Dolphins. Bunbury had many fantastic restaurants and also a coffee strip, an internet cafe and a few interesting pubs, lots of them with music. Spent a few days there before leaving to travel North.

• Pros:.Very friendly people.
  • Cons:.Tourist office were not very helpful..
  • In a nutshell:Worth seeing if only for the unspoilt beaches and the restaurants.
  • Last visit to Bunbury: Feb 2002
  • Intro Updated Jun 18, 2003

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Dolphins are such beautiful creatures aren't they? Would love to visit this part of Oz.

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2008 at 2:09 PM

This will be one of my stops after the big Darwin Meet. Thanks for the tips. Gillybob greetings

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2006 at 10:37 PM

I agree with you Louise... the dolphin experience is better in Bunbury than at Monkey Mia... and the wine is cheap :~)

• craic's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2005 at 6:05 AM

My husband is in Bunbury tonight, so I just wanted to see what the place was like. Doesn't seem too bad, unless you hang out with the bikers!!!!!!

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2004 at 4:28 AM

Great page!!! We hope to get there in a couple of months...I hope we see some dolphins too!!! :)

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2004 at 5:57 AM

Finally finished reading & rating these tips after many interruptions. Glad you enjoyed it Louise! We only passed through briefly on our way south on a very windy afternoon so it didn't leave a good impression on us.

• Apr 27, 2004 at 9:55 PM

Louise, may many happy returns of the day. Wishing you a happy birthday and great time. Greetings from India. Your travel pages are really informative. Nice phtographs and tips.

• quartinb's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2004 at 9:28 AM

ride a dolphin and swim with the bike..ooops! sorry... the other way around! lovely!

• juliealdous's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2003 at 3:20 PM

Hey cool page and thanks for the tips on dolphins.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2003 at 2:56 PM

I only stopped briefly here but I have friends who love it there esp in summer. Good choice and wonderful to see the dolphins. Wow visiting the wineries in style.. good for you...lol Its a great region... great page!

IrishFem

“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the places that take our breath away. Anon.”

Badges & Stats in Bunbury

Have you been to Bunbury?

Latest Activity in Bunbury