Tampere Sports & Outdoors Tips by akkipaa
Tampere Sports & Outdoors: 10 reviews and 11 photos
Aamulehti 20th April 2013 after Tappara 3-2 win
It's playoff time! This year Tappara (Tampere) beat HIFK (Helsinki) and Ässät made the same to JYP (Jyväskylä) in semi-finals. First match was 15th April 2013 and Tappara won 2-1! Good for Tampere, congratulations!
But there is first Scandal and it's the Scandal! Tampere's local news paper advertised before first match definitely uncorrect, unfair and unprofessonal. Remember: TAPPARA - ÄSSÄT was the game and the newspaper is the second biggest morning newspaper in Finland (photo 3). Someone has to get fired (at least if I were Trump).
The situation 23nd April 2013:
The total situation of match is 2-3 to Ässät, so still one or two match needed.
- 1st game Tappara-Ässät 2-1 (winning goal in time 59:55!)
- 2nd game Ässät-Tappara 5-1
- 3rd game Tappara-Ässät 3-2 (winning goal in time (59:59!)
- 4th game Ässät-Tappara 4-0
- 5th game Tappara-Ässät 2-3 (total game time 108:39!!!)
- 6th game 24th April
- 7th game (only if Tappara wins the 6th game) 25th April in Tampere
Equipment: Tappara's pages:
And the second photo is from local news advertisement today (22th April 2013). Now it is correct.
Address: Hakametsä Ice Hockey stadion and Isomäki in Pori
THe word "mountain" in the name is a little bit too promising, the height of the slope is 69 meters and the longest (of three) slopes is 350 meters. I think there is at least 100 meters to much in the length, but Tampere is in the flat area of Finland so these figures are quite ok.
Prices are reasonable also, daily ticket is 25€ and whole season 370. Under 6y old with a helmet get free tickets and there is a free children elevator and a easy slope for practicing.
There's a slope for snowboard and you can use lift with bicycle and come down using a forest track. Check my video.
Address: Nokiantie 150, 33330 Tampere
Directions: Take Paunu bus 70, 71 or TKL's 11.
Raipe makes the first goal of the season
The Finnish icehockey league started on 16. September and the first match in Tampere was very interesting (as always). It was a local game between Tappara and Ilves.
Ilves was better! 7-8! Figures like in baseball! 15 goals! And the best! It was already 1-5 but Tappra came behind and made three last goals (from 4-8 to 7-8). First goal of the season was made by Mark Lee at time 02:42.
("Raipe" is nowaways coaching Young Lejons (20 year old) and the second couch in Ilves. The icon of all Ilves fans (and Tappara fans says that he is as old as all old icons are!).
Raimo selected to Hall of Fame in English
Equipment: Situation 8th January 2012 (Aaarrrrgggg!!!)
Theme: Sports Watching
The Finnish icehockey league, season 2004-2005, started on 15. September and the first match in Tampere was very interesting. It was (again!) a local game between Ilves and Tappara (6-1).
Equipment: Oulun Kärpät is the Finnish Champion. Kärpät has now three championships, the first one came in 1981.
As other achievements in the Finnish National League Kärpät has silver medals from the years 1987 and 2003 and bronze medals from 1980, 1984, 1985, and 1986.
Address: Raksila (home of Kärpät)
The Finnish icehockey league, season 2005-2006, started on 19. September and the first match in Tampere was very interesting. It was (again!) a local game between Ilves and Tappara (2-5).
Equipment: HPK is the Finnish Champion.
More Reviews (34)
- See All Lenin Museum
- See All First Sri Lankan in Tampere (and even in...
- See All Pyynikintori's Meal Shop
akkipaa's Related Pages
Tampere Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tampere,city of shy people.."
- "Tampere - my favorite city in Finland"
- "Tampere - Industry, Students and Ryanair"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tampere
- Hotels in Tampere
- Transportation in Tampere
- Nightlife in Tampere
- Restaurants in Tampere
- Shopping in Tampere
- Warnings and Dangers in Tampere
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tampere
- 39 Reviews
- 99 Photos
- 26 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Tampere?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tampere
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Category of Tip"
- updated a Tampere Travelogue "Bridges of Tampere"
- Commented on one of akkipaa's Tampere travelogues
- Wrote a Review Lenin Museum in Tampere Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "First Sri Lankan in Tampere (and even in Finland)"
- Uploaded a Video to Tampere
Photos in TampereSee All Photos (99)
Videos in TampereSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- United States of America Intro, 36 reviews, 197 photos, 15 travelogues
- Tampere Intro, 39 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 20 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lappeenranta Intro, 29 reviews, 47 photos
- Hua Hin Intro, 17 reviews, 57 photos
- Finland Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Siem Reap Intro, 18 reviews, 51 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 13 reviews, 51 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos
- Natal Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Pyynikki park & tower- 21 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Moominvalley- 9 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Tuomiokirkko- 9 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Särkänniemi Amusement Park- 14 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Näsinneula (Observation Tower)- 11 Reviews, 16 Photos
- The Lenin Museum- 10 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Vapriikki Museums- 5 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Arboretum- 7 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Pispala- 4 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Tampere Orthodox Church- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
See All Tampere Things to Do