"Ice Climbing on Matanuska Glacier" Matanuska by jjkent
Matanuska Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 14 photos
Ice climbing! Not for the faint of heart....and not available in most of those states in the Lower 48!
Two friends and I took the hour and a half drive from Anchorage to Matanuska Glacier to meet with our guides from MICA Guides and go ice climbing for the first time!
- Pros:A great introduction to ice climbing for beginners!
- Cons:It'll cost ya a little.
OK, this one kicked my butt. I do have to admit it was the most striking scene though. The glacier was jointed and... more travel advice
jjkent's Related Pages
Matanuska Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Matanuska
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Matanuska?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Matanuska
Photos in MatanuskaSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Coldfoot Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Loreto Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Cabo San Lucas Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Matanuska Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Rome Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- La Paz Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Vernazza Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Brugge 1 review, 2 photos