"Wimbledon Tennis" Top 5 Page for this destination Wimbledon by LondonChris
Wimbledon Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 256 photos
Watch on the web cam!
The All England Lawn Tennis Club
The Lawn Tennis Championships at Wimbledon have developed from the garden party atmosphere of the first meeting in 1877, witnessed by a few hundred spectators, to a highly professional tournament attracting an attendance of over 450,000 people and through the press, radio, Internet and television a following of millions throughout the world.
The Tournament starts each year six weeks before the first Monday in August and lasts for a fortnight or for as long as necessary to complete all events. Players from over 60 nations regularly compete.
There are five main Championship events:
Gentlemen's Singles (128 draw)
Ladies' Singles (128 draw)
Gentlemen's Doubles (64 draw)
Ladies' Doubles (64 draw)
Mixed Doubles (64 draw)
Get close to the action on the outside courts. There are some great matches during the 1st week, and the tickets are easy to obtain.
- Pros:Great day out!
- Cons:Queueing and Rain
- In a nutshell:I go every year!
The tournament is run so well, everything is ready, and the players get to play their best, just remember to keep quiet... more travel advice
Get very close to some of the top players in the world! more travel advice
LondonChris' Related Pages
Wimbledon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wimbledon - Home of The Championships"
- "Home to the famous Lawn Tennis Grand Slam"
- "Wimbledon Tennis - page under construction"
- "Wimbledon Tennis"
- "Our Home Town"
- "Wimbledon Championships 2004-2006"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wimbledon
- Hotels in Wimbledon
- Transportation in Wimbledon
- Nightlife in Wimbledon
- Restaurants in Wimbledon
- Shopping in Wimbledon
- Warnings and Dangers in Wimbledon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wimbledon
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Wimbledon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wimbledon
Top 10 Pages
- Richmond Intro, 20 reviews, 17 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Prague Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Brazil Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Kiev Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wimbledon Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Kew Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Lappi Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Puerto Iguazú Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos