"Chris's Homepage" LondonChris's Profile

Travel & Music

When I hear some music, or smell something, I always have some memories from different places that I have been.
I like to have music with me for every mood, but sometimes I just like to hear the sounds around me. I now travel with my iPod, there are many similar products out there, but they all have the ability to store hundreds of songs for every occasion. A great travel partner!

London

London is my home town, and I am often there. It is a great place to live to experience a cosmopolitan life and great if you want to travel!
London is a city with numerous hidden treasures. Many people complain about the weather, and how busy London is, but there is a reason for one, and the other is just hard luck, you cannot have everything!
I try to stay away from the west end unless I am seeing a show or play. If you are planning a visit, the west end is a great night out, but to see the real london nightlife away from the tourist traps head for Chelsea, Camden and the City for example. If you are in London, getting into bars/clubs can be a problem. Try and get to bars clubs before 10pm to avaoid being bounced because it is too full or you are an all male group. Try to get yourself on a guest list (new trend) www.sintillate.co.uk or www.londonparties.co.uk for example

Enjoy your time...

Argentina/Uruguay/Brazil

Argentina was my introduction to South America. It was just perfect!
I spent a total of 3 weeks in the Buenos Aires area. The city Buenos Aires (BA) was huge. I stayed in a more alfuent suburb of Palermo. It was near some nice parks, clubs, and restaurants. I wish I had been a little more jet lagged as it would have helped us to addapt to the way of life - Dinner 23 hrs, bars 01 hrs, clubs 03 hrs!
People were very friendly!
We visited a seaside resort of Mar Del Plata, and took a short boat ride to Montevideo and from there to the glizy resort of Punta Del Este.
We left just after the troubles started, not sure how things are now, but if they are just a fraction the same, then it is worth a visit!

New Zealand

I have travelled to New Zealands North Island 3 times now, and I want to go back for more!
I started my travel with a weekend on Waiheke Island. Great relaxing place, a little slow and left behind from the 20th Century, but visit the vinyards for some great lunch! (I recently just bought a house there!)

I headed to Auckland. A great city. One 'must do' is to have dinner at the top of the sky tower. The food was great!
I Visited Rotarua (I advise that you visit for a day, go to a spa take a walk and get out as the sulphur stinks!) and Lake Taupo. Taupo was great!
For me NZ was about taking a car and a map and going everywhere. The roads were empty, and there was something to stop and see every few minutes. I did not have the time to visit the South Island, and I hear that it is even more spectacular than the North! I must go back! My brother now lives in Auckland, so I have no excuse not to visit!

Prague

Prague is probably my favourite city. I have been many times now, and walking in the narrow streets, and accross Charles Bridge is such a magical experience, and I will never ever be bored of that.

The old town is a tourist frenzy, but the most beautiful. I like to walk around the old town, but also visit some of the suburbs for a more local experience, and watch the prices drop as you get out of the city center. There are some nice day trips that can be taken to local castles. Don't do the package trip if possible, a train journey should be easier, and again the cost is low.

Lapland, Finland

I spent my New Year 2001/2 in Finnish Lapland.
Having skied most of the major resorts in Europe I was looking for something a little different and I got it! I arranged flights to Helsinki, booked train tikets for the 13 hour sleeping train to Kittila, and then a short bus journey to the resort. December in the Artic Circle guarantees snow, and cold weather. It was as low as -40c but the cold was dry, little wind, and very comfortable. Skiing was good, nightlife limited but fun, but the best thing was the snow mobiles, such great fun!!!
What a great place!

USA

I have travelled to many cities across the US. Los Angeles, San Francisco, Denver, Chicago, New York, Rochester, Washington.

Italy

I have been to many cities in Italy, by the beach and in the mountains, and have been lucky enough to have friends who are form there and who live there....

• Intro Updated Jul 17, 2005

• newyorkerman's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2007 at 11:17 AM

Hope you enjoyed the holidays, and all the best on your birthday!

• rholuvbug's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2007 at 10:13 PM

Hey Chris! Can't wait to utilize your tips on my trip to London...Cheers!

• AKtravelers's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2007 at 12:11 AM

Happy to share the same birthday with you! Have a fine pub brew for yourself and then one for me, okay?! Happy birthday!

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2006 at 7:09 AM

You are one lucky traveler! You've been everywhere.

• Shuvra's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2006 at 3:27 AM

Hi Chris, sorry it's late but - Happy Birthday dude! ^_^ Many happy returns...!

• Jan 6, 2006 at 9:38 PM

Hey babe!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and a big HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO...Have a pearler of a day and wicked 2006...Take care, Hails

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2006 at 12:02 PM

Many happy returns of the day. Happy travels in 2006.

• lina112's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2006 at 9:23 AM

Birthday greetings from south Spain, have a great day. Lina

• Jan 5, 2006 at 10:28 PM

Hiya Chris, hope you have a very happy birthday, best wishes for the New year, Maria :)

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2006 at 9:58 PM

Happy birthday to you♫ Happy birthday to you♫♫ HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Christopher♫ Happy birthday to yoou♫♫ I wish you not only a happy new year, but also happier maaany returns(~_~)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
LondonChris's Profile Photo

LondonChris

“Do it for England James”

Real Name