"The Taj Mahal" Agra by nancyw
Agra Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 90 photos
I was really cranky by the time I got to the Taj Mahal. I'd started in the early morning in Mumbai, where our ship docked and we took tenders to shore. Then onto a tour bus for a three hour drive around the city. Then to the airport, where security was tight and the octogenarians on the tour took exception to being frisked.
Frankly, I think the poor security woman had it a lot worse. How would you like to frisk a bunch of fat, sweaty, cranky Americans?
Anyway, onto a charter flight. A series of challenges insued - we hadn't had time for a bathroom break so people rushed onto the plane, all battling for the restrooms - not understanding that peeing during takeoff is universally frowned on.
Upon arriving in Agra, we boarded another tour bus and headed for the Taj Mahal, marvelling at the sites along the way. Near the Taj, we had to board smaller, electric vans for the final trip.
We arrived at sunset and seeing the magnificent sight made the trip worthwhile.
nancyw's Related Pages
Agra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "sandravdp's new Agra Page"
- "The Taj Mahal"
- "Shame about the smell"
- "Noodlet's Agra page"
- "Taj Mahal and pollution"
- "Home To The Taj"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Agra
- Hotels in Agra
- Transportation in Agra
- Nightlife in Agra
- Restaurants in Agra
- Shopping in Agra
- Warnings and Dangers in Agra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Agra
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Agra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Agra
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Madrid Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Rarotonga Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Orlando Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Wilaya de Fes Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Agra Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Manila Intro, 3 photos