"Its Egypt, kind of." Top 5 Page for this destination Sharm El Sheikh by mr.small
Sharm El Sheikh Travel Guide: 1,342 reviews and 2,517 photos
There are many sides to Sharm,but authentic Egyptian is not one of them.In sharm you can do things that would not be allowed in the most other parts of the country.You can drink alcohol,go topless and never have to pay a bribe.If you want good hotels,OK facilities and a coastline and sea to kill for,go to sharm.If you want peace and quite,or hustle and bustle,then you can find both there aswell.If you want the real Egypt,look elsewhere.
Whilst snorkelling off the beach at the Tropicana oasis hotel out near the airport I was lucky enough to come across this beautiful eagle ray. I am just glad I had the U/W camera with me.
- Pros:Lovely sea,guaranteed weather,cheap & nice people
- Cons:Rip off taxi drivers.
- In a nutshell:Go there.
The second of charlies tavern chain.Small but friendly. Unfortunatly as of late summer 2013 T2 has closed. It may at... more travel advice
Another in the Baachus chain selling everything you need in an alcoholic kind of way. Booze. Not very much. more travel advice
mr.small's Related Pages
Sharm El Sheikh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharm is the place to go,(updated from apr 2006 )"
- "~ Sharm El Sheikh ~ The Charm Of Sharm ~"
- "Its Egypt, kind of."
- "Sharm - one of the best places to be"
- "Bedouin Dinner"
- "Sharm Charm"
- "Sharm el Sheikh - An Oasis in the Desert"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
- Transportation in Sharm El Sheikh
- Nightlife in Sharm El Sheikh
- Restaurants in Sharm El Sheikh
- Shopping in Sharm El Sheikh
- Warnings and Dangers in Sharm El Sheikh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sharm El Sheikh
- 32 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 894 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Sharm El Sheikh?Share Your Travels