Venice Off The Beaten Path Tips by Maurizioago
Venice Off The Beaten Path: 705 reviews and 1,204 photos
Campo dei Mori is a square named after three brothers coming from the Peloponnese. They were silk merchants who came to Venice in 1112 and built a palace in this small square. The palace has three nice statues on its walls.
Campo dei Mori is located in sestriere Cannareggio. It is near the Ghetto.
A squero is a place where gondolas are repaired or made.
Squero San Trovaso has a Tyrol look and is located just off the Zattere; a promenade in Dorsoduro area.
This place is not open to the public. You can only admire the wooden house with some red flowers and some gondolas.
Sandra (sandysmith) in front of Scala C. d. Bovolo
This palace was built in the late XV century.
It has a beautiful exterior spiral staircase. You can climb to the top of it and enjoy the lanscape over the surrounding areas.
This building is located in S. Marco area. I you like to go there you have to go to Campo Manin, toward Calle Della Mandola. You find it near Campo San Bortolo.
The only decent pic I took!
The island of Burano was famous for lace making in the past. All the houses there are painted in brightly colours. It is said the reason was that the fishermen who lived there wished to spot their houses from afar when coming home.
Burano is formed by four islands linked together and is located near the island of Torcello.
You can get there by vaporetto. You can take it from Fondamenta Nuove (it is a street name). The journey lasts around 40 minutes.
More Reviews (10)
Maurizioago's Related Pages
Venice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wandering around Venice with Suvanki"
- "Amore eterno per Venezia la Serenissima :-)"
- "Venice – the City of Art"
- "Vacations in Venice"
- "MERAVIGLIOSA VENEZIA"
- "Giacomo CASANOVA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Venice
- Hotels in Venice
- Transportation in Venice
- Nightlife in Venice
- Restaurants in Venice
- Shopping in Venice
- Warnings and Dangers in Venice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Venice
- 14 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 158 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Venice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Venice
Photos in VeniceSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 36 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trentino-Alto Adige Intro, 22 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trieste Intro, 28 reviews, 60 photos
- Lucca Intro, 25 reviews, 58 photos
- Brussels Intro, 16 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 53 photos
- Portugal Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 22 reviews, 46 photos
- Majorca Island Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos
- Churches- 362 Reviews, 782 Photos
- Doge's Palace- 204 Reviews, 398 Photos
- Basilica di San Marco- 220 Reviews, 394 Photos
- Canal Grande- 213 Reviews, 351 Photos
- Campanile di San Marco- 150 Reviews, 274 Photos
- Piazza San Marco- 303 Reviews, 494 Photos
- Rialto Bridge- 169 Reviews, 285 Photos
- Gondola- 163 Reviews, 271 Photos
- Torre dell'Orologio - St. Mark's Clocktower- 23 Reviews, 72 Photos
- Ponte dei Sospiri- 130 Reviews, 186 Photos
See All Venice Things to Do