"My new Hometown" Laval by Marie-Claude
Laval Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 8 photos
Yeah! I know usually people laught when they hear that I live in Laval, across the bridge you know... We are out of Montreal... We are strangers... We live in a suburb... Our phone number has 450 in front of it... It's a car world, a shopping center centered world... You know the usual about suburbs from the people living in the city. But I like living in Laval, It is very peacfull, the price of the rent is cheap, I now work in Laval, so I get home at 17.00! And luckily I am close to the bridge so I can get to the Montreal metro station in 10min walk, that is closer to the metro than my parents that live on Montreal island... Yes you have to buy that extra bus card that is expensive, and yes the service of the bus is bad (compared to the city of course)... but you can get around without a car, we are able to make it even if it's difficult. We are one of the rare one's that don't have a car, but who cares...
The most difficult thing is to get to the groceries store, but we managed something out.
But now that the houses in Montreal are too expensive, the young families tend to come in Laval, so there is a lot of parks :) and not too expensive houses...
I will soon add pictures of my appartement and the surrouning areas, so you can see that Laval is not just a plain boring suburb...
- Pros:Nice Shopping center, as nice as downtown Montreal!
- Cons:Car world, Dortoire city, you know Suburb...
Typical north american style of familial restaurant. They serve chicken and ribs. The prices are not too good for what... more travel advice
Marie-Claude's Related Pages
Laval Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CITY OF LAVAL QUEBEC"
- "My new Hometown"
- "There to visit family"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Laval
- Hotels in Laval
- Transportation in Laval
- Nightlife in Laval
- Restaurants in Laval
- Warnings and Dangers in Laval
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Laval
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Laval?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laval
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 28 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 21 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- La Giettaz Intro, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Luxembourg Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ixelles Intro, 1 review, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antwerp Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Haut-Ittre Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues