Chiang Mai Sports & Outdoors Tips by SumTingWong Top 5 Page for this destination
Chiang Mai Sports & Outdoors: 14 reviews and 11 photos
Man Playing Ta Khlong
Everyone should try to play Ta Khlong!! Don't worry if you aren't good at it, I'm not. It's a mixture between volleyball, football, and I guess badminton. The rules are simple, you can't use your arms or hands and you have to get the straw ball over the net. It is very unique and a lot of fun. Get involved, you should get a lot of laughs!!
The game is also fun to watch. Some of the good players do all sorts of wacky moves to get that ball over the net. Even seen a spike over the net with a foot? Interesting.
Equipment: foot, straw ball, court, net.
By bro. and a bunch of his friends after a game
Go on and try out your skills with some of the local children. If you are in a smaller town and see a bunch of kids playing, just ask them and they'll be more than happy to invite you to play. The 9-12 year old group was at my playing level lol. It's a lot of fun and you'll remember it forever. And if you really want to be popular buy all the kids ice cream after the game (2 Baht for a popsicle - what a great deal).
Equipment: All you need is your foot.
More Reviews (57)
- See All Doi Inthanon National Park
- See All The Forest Wat - Wat U-Mong (4)
- See All Hospital
- See All Bamboo rafting
- See All Bars and Kareoke Bars
- See All Music, food, and drink
SumTingWong's Related Pages
Chiang Mai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VISITING COUNTRY THAILAND - CHIANG MAI"
- "Chiang Mai"
- "Chiang Mai Trip 2005: Wed 4th May - Sun 8th May"
- "Chiang Mai"
- "Jungle Trek and Elephant Ride in Chiang Mai"
- "Chiang Mai - Great Base for Trekking"
- "C H I A N G M A I"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chiang Mai
- Hotels in Chiang Mai
- Transportation in Chiang Mai
- Nightlife in Chiang Mai
- Restaurants in Chiang Mai
- Shopping in Chiang Mai
- Warnings and Dangers in Chiang Mai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chiang Mai
- 59 Reviews
- 100 Photos
- 26 Forum posts
- 74 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Chiang Mai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chiang Mai
Photos in Chiang MaiSee All Photos (100)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nepal Intro, 120 reviews, 163 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiang Mai Intro, 59 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 42 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mae Hong Son Intro, 18 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fortuna Intro, 18 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manaus Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ariaù Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (69)
- Long Neck Women- 23 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Wat Phra That Doi Suthep - Buddhist Temple- 65 Reviews, 147 Photos
- Elephant Ride- 60 Reviews, 106 Photos
- Jungle Trek- 30 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Massages- 25 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Cooking School- 34 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Maesa Elephant Camp and Park- 14 Reviews, 39 Photos
- Excursions- 63 Reviews, 151 Photos
- Wat Chedi Luang - Buddhist Temple- 26 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Bo Sang Umbrella Village- 9 Reviews, 17 Photos
See All Chiang Mai Things to Do