Chiang Mai Packing List Tips by SumTingWong Top 5 Page for this destination
Chiang Mai What to Pack: 10 reviews and 12 photos
Luggage and bags: Pack as light as possible, carry only one bag (backpack is better) and a day pack.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: If you go trekking you should have waterproof hiking boots, thick socks (you don't want to be bit by many leaches). Also sandals are a must for Chiang Mai City and the local Thai towns.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Malaria pills for farangs may be recommended if you go trekking, check it out with your local doctor. Have aspirin, bandages, iodine water purification pills, and a mini medical kit.
Photo Equipment: CAMERA
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Sturdy and light weight backpack for trekking.
Miscellaneous: Have: mosquito repellent, rain gear if you are here from May to September (Sep. the rainiest), paper, pens, and stickers (for the local kids), long pants for entering wats, and what ever you think is comfortable.
More Reviews (58)
- See All Doi Inthanon National Park
- See All The Forest Wat - Wat U-Mong (4)
- See All Hospital
- See All Ta Khlong - traditional Thai game
- See All Bamboo rafting
- See All Bars and Kareoke Bars
SumTingWong's Related Pages
Chiang Mai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VISITING COUNTRY THAILAND - CHIANG MAI"
- "Chiang Mai"
- "Chiang Mai Trip 2005: Wed 4th May - Sun 8th May"
- "Chiang Mai"
- "Jungle Trek and Elephant Ride in Chiang Mai"
- "Chiang Mai - Great Base for Trekking"
- "C H I A N G M A I"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chiang Mai
- Hotels in Chiang Mai
- Transportation in Chiang Mai
- Nightlife in Chiang Mai
- Restaurants in Chiang Mai
- Shopping in Chiang Mai
- Warnings and Dangers in Chiang Mai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chiang Mai
- 59 Reviews
- 100 Photos
- 26 Forum posts
- 79 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Chiang Mai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chiang Mai
Photos in Chiang MaiSee All Photos (100)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nepal Intro, 120 reviews, 163 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiang Mai Intro, 59 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 42 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mae Hong Son Intro, 18 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fortuna Intro, 18 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manaus Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ariaù Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (69)
- Long Neck Women- 23 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Wat Phra That Doi Suthep - Buddhist Temple- 65 Reviews, 147 Photos
- Jungle Trek- 30 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Elephant Ride- 59 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Massages- 25 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Cooking School- 34 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Excursions- 63 Reviews, 151 Photos
- Maesa Elephant Camp and Park- 14 Reviews, 39 Photos
- Bo Sang Umbrella Village- 9 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Wat Chedi Luang - Buddhist Temple- 26 Reviews, 71 Photos
See All Chiang Mai Things to Do