"Chiang Mai" Top 5 Page for this destination Chiang Mai by SumTingWong
Chiang Mai Travel Guide: 1,891 reviews and 4,844 photos
Smoke from inscents swirl around the nose, travel through the body until it reaches the depths of the heart. The chanting of monks can be heard in the distance. Bells from the monasteries chime in the light wind. Monks in bright orange robes walk the streets in-between the glorious wats, decorated with gold leaf to the precision of a pinpoint. Sparkling green rice patties shine as far as the eye can see. Cows graze as farmers with pointed sun hats (ngop) lay seeds so their crops may grow. On rural streets, children ride their bicycles, laughter can be heard for miles. A basket weaver works under the bright sun, as the large rolling mountains control the background. Local villagers play the game of ta khlong, as they spin, flip, and kick a straw ball over a net. A grandmother picks sacred leaves for the Buddha day ceremony. Flying lanterns light up the night sky as children run around under them. Candles burn down as the monks meditate through the long hours of the night. Everyone is awoken with the sound of the gongs and the national anthem.
Welcome to my Chiang Mai!
My current home is right outside Chiang Mai, in an area called Mae On. My village's real and full name is: Banonluaionnuemaeonsankamphaengchangwatchiangmaibprathetthai. I live in a small town amidst the rice patties and mountains of Chiang Mai.
- Pros:Many Wats, Nice People, Amazing Northern Thailand
Doi Inthanon National Park is in the heart of the jungle of northern Thailand. Here many hilltribe villages dwell, as... more travel advice
The forest wat is located right outside of Chiang Mai city(on Suthep Road). It is home to a different type on monks,... more travel advice
- See All Hospital
- See All Ta Khlong - traditional Thai game
- See All Bamboo rafting
- See All Bars and Kareoke Bars
- See All Music, food, and drink
- See All AIDS and prostitution
SumTingWong's Related Pages
Chiang Mai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VISITING COUNTRY THAILAND - CHIANG MAI"
- "Chiang Mai"
- "Chiang Mai Trip 2005: Wed 4th May - Sun 8th May"
- "Chiang Mai"
- "Jungle Trek and Elephant Ride in Chiang Mai"
- "Chiang Mai - Great Base for Trekking"
- "C H I A N G M A I"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chiang Mai
- Hotels in Chiang Mai
- Transportation in Chiang Mai
- Nightlife in Chiang Mai
- Restaurants in Chiang Mai
- Shopping in Chiang Mai
- Warnings and Dangers in Chiang Mai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chiang Mai
- 59 Reviews
- 100 Photos
- 26 Forum posts
- 74 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Chiang Mai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chiang Mai
Photos in Chiang MaiSee All Photos (100)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nepal Intro, 120 reviews, 163 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiang Mai Intro, 59 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 64 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 42 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mae Hong Son Intro, 18 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fortuna Intro, 18 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manaus Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ariał Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue