"Welcome" SumTingWong's Profile

About Me

Hi everyone,

My first truly international trip was to Kenya in 1999, and since then I have amassed something like 65 countries and lived all over the world (including off the beaten path places like Afghanistan, the DR Congo, North Korea, Iran, Turkmenistan, etc) . Beijing is where my heart is, I've lived here on and off since 2004 and know the city better than anywhere else. I speak Mandarin (and majored in it) and would be glad to help VT travelers lost in my home town!

I don't have time to really build pages anymore, but I check the forums, especially the China/Asia forums quite regularly.

Welcome to My Travel Pages

Please note, my travel pages are very old and many are now very much outdated. Due to work I really don't have the time to make new ones. BUT, I will be active in the travel forums and if you have any questions with regards to travel, just contact me!

MY SPECIALTY REGIONS:
China (everywhere), North Korea (everywhere), Pakistan (north), Kyrgyzstan (everywhere), Tajikistan (GBAO), Russia (Siberia), Nepal (everywhere), Bhutan (everywhere), India (northeast), Burma (everywhere), Thailand (north) and a few more...

I speak English, Mandarin, Portuguese, Spanish, and French decently fluently and can somewhat speak/understand Italian, Hindi-Urdu and Cantonese. Feel free to communicate with me in any of those languages, although ill be much better with the first five!

Places I have lived and or studied at

1) New Jersey, USA
8) Providence, RI
9) Gilgit, Pakistan
10) back to Beijing, China

• Intro Updated Nov 10, 2010

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
SumTingWong's Profile Photo

SumTingWong

“"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Gandhi”

Real Name