United Kingdom Transportation Tips by dr.firas Top 5 Page for this destination
United Kingdom Transportation: 262 reviews and 163 photos
Metro or Tube like they call it here in Wonderland!
is cool and good way to move in the city, the only bad thing is the different price of the tickets, for example in zone 1 you will pay 1-2 £ for only one use of the metro, but you can use it as well as you don't leave the tube out to the city, zone 6 in London will coast you 5£
so you see, it is different in prices, the far you go the more you pay!
Human power to move the 3 wheels and move with the tourists aboard!
it is an idea from the far east, it is cool not poluting and it makes muscles and good sport for the driver, and I saw a girl doing this job, I was sad for her as it is not that easy, she most be strong or maybe she ate spinesh LOL
this kind of trip coast 5 £ yep it is not that cheap as well, but exotic!
new Buses are the modern look of the old one that I like, they are also 2 floors and red, and the price for the Bus 1 day pass is 2,50 £
those are faster and in the wnter they are with warm climatization, so day after day we see people using trhis one more and forgeting about the poor old lovely one!
What could be better than a boat trip on the river Thames!
it is for about 5£ with a group of tourists, and it is so cool and nice to see Big Ben and Houses of Parliment, London eye and more by Boat, it is another taste, and you will for sure cross under the most famous bridge: Tower Bridge!
Yep clear, this is the luxury kind of transportation, if you are a very wealthy person or kind of superstar or so, peek your white Limouzine and ride, it is about 100£ and up, please!
I don't know why, but I like to walk LOL
Mido, Rihab and Firas
We for sure were moving for far distances by transportation, but walking was the most kind of transport we used all those 3 days I stayed in London, and as I say always, only by walking or hiking you could see things you would never see while moving by any other kind of transport, as here you can stop in the middle and take all your time to see and chose the sight!
This is a rare kind of transportation in London, you could saty a week in London without seeing it, it is an old tank which was used in the Second World War, and it is amphibious war machine, it could move on both land and water, and it is nowadays just for the tourists who likes to have this kind of transportation!
This is another oldfashion but very lovely and special Bus, the first in London, this one and this time is old indeed, it is a kind of moving museum, and I took a ride on it to reach rihab's house, and it was fun, but a bit slow, and also shaky LOL
but the ticket has the same price of the normal Bus it is 2,50 £ for the whole day!
tourists adore it and they ride and photographing it, as you can't see such a Bus even in the rest cities of UK, but London kept it and it is cool :-)
Those English are really oldfashioned and conservative, just like the gossips about them in the world, but I like those qualities, they give London a very special taste, and they make England Wonderland!
look at the funny but Classy Taxi car!
it looks as if it was from last 100 years LOL
but don't be fooled thay are just looking like this, and they are modern, the cabs are an expensive way to move in London, a small ride will coast you almost 10£
and a longer could reach 50£
so it is up to you to chose your transport!
Type: Car/Motor Home
I went by Bus, Eurolines company the cheapest in Europe and for the trips of the cities in Europe, I did buy the tickets 2 weeks before and here I had great discounts, so it was 6 hours to reach London, we passed the Eurotunnel too, and it was good and I could sleep successfully!
it is more comfortable for me even from trains!
the 2 ways ticket coast from Dijon to London :40 £
great price huh
More Reviews (194)
- See All St.Paul facade under restoration!
- See All Ladies Obsession!
- See All Most wonderful museum in London
- See All Nightlife X
- See All Pills
- See All Bond... James BondS LOL
dr.firas' Related Pages
United Kingdom Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Firas in Wonderland"
- "My U.K. - a home I love very dearly."
- "United Kingdom Adventure"
- "A Taste of Real Britain - Tourist Information"
- "UNITED KINGDOM"
- "Jet Ski!"
- "Christmas 2010"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United Kingdom
- Hotels in United Kingdom
- Transportation in United Kingdom
- Nightlife in United Kingdom
- Restaurants in United Kingdom
- Shopping in United Kingdom
- Warnings and Dangers in United Kingdom
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sosúa Hotels
- Mordialloc Hotels
- Ciudad del Carmen
- Kurnell Hotels
- Kruger National Park
- Langwarrin Hotels
Badges & Stats in United Kingdom
- 214 Reviews
- 230 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to United Kingdom?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United Kingdom
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: teeth implants-anyone done it?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Pool and Snockers"
- Wrote a Review St.Paul facade under restoration! in United Kingdom Local Customs
- created a United Kingdom Travelogue "VT mini meeting I had in London!"
- Commented on one of sandysmith's United Kingdom travel pages
Photos in United KingdomSee All Photos (230)
Top 10 Pages
- France Intro, 1004 reviews, 1017 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Syria Intro, 553 reviews, 546 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 330 reviews, 342 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 283 reviews, 301 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 246 reviews, 281 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 227 reviews, 261 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 214 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lebanon Intro, 214 reviews, 220 photos, 5 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 197 reviews, 217 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 150 reviews, 191 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (262)
Top United Kingdom hotels
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Manchester Hotels
- 1714 Reviews - 3887 Photos
- York Hotels
- 1617 Reviews - 3908 Photos
- Blackpool Hotels
- 476 Reviews - 889 Photos
- Bournemouth Hotels
- 206 Reviews - 441 Photos
- Aberdeen Hotels
- 486 Reviews - 884 Photos
- Glasgow Hotels
- 1218 Reviews - 1967 Photos
- Edinburgh Hotels
- 3356 Reviews - 6585 Photos
- Torquay Hotels
- 141 Reviews - 229 Photos
- Llandudno Hotels
- 245 Reviews - 476 Photos
- Eastbourne Hotels
- 94 Reviews - 187 Photos
- Birmingham Hotels
- 803 Reviews - 1309 Photos
- Bristol Hotels
- 745 Reviews - 1659 Photos
- Chester Hotels
- 470 Reviews - 1157 Photos
- Liverpool Hotels
- 1248 Reviews - 2164 Photos