Morocco Things to Do Tips by dr.firas Top 5 Page for this destination
Morocco Things to Do: 722 reviews and 1,651 photos
The King's castle is awesome, actually there are 2 big mosques in the square one to the left, and one to the right, the one in the picture now is the one to the right side of the throne!
Tetouan is a very beautiful city, clean ordered and very lovely, it is all conditions to be loved and admired as a city, I did liked it and felt why it was mentioned in that song I've been talking about!
Enter the Souk don't rush to enter the shops, there are plenty of interesting views, architects and some time hidden beauties needs an open and expert eye, to catch the details, also the life itself in the Souk is magical!
The Throne of the King of Morocco, once every year the King comes to Tetouan and sit there in front of his crowd and people, and they show respect and obey ness to him,
It is a royal tradition, King Hasan II was doing this, today King Mohamed VI is doing the same!
The Big square is also very famous, and it is actually absolutely must see activity before you enter the Souk, as it is the gate to it, you have the biggest Mosque, an ex Spanish Barracks, and the Royal throne in the middle and the Souk of course to the right of it!
Dr.Firas in Tetouan
The Souk is very famous and important in Tetouan, I could say it is the first must see activities once you're there, and plus it is most wanted by a western tourist!
Very exotic you see!
Tetouan was for a long period under the Spanish occupation; nowadays they still have only 2 cities, Septa and Mlilia
They are both in the North of Morocco and they are Spanish!
The famous song which every Arabian citizen learns at school is this one, it goes:
Biladul urbi awtani, min elshami li baghdadi
wa min najden, ila yamanen, ila Misra fa Toutwani...
fala hadon youbaidouna, wala dinon yufarkiouna!
Lisanou eldadi yajmaouna...
Arabian countries are all mine
From Damascus to Baghdad
And from Najed Sahara's to Yemen
To Egypt reaching Tetouan
There is no border that separates us
And there is no religion that makes us far from each other
Arabic tongue *Language* gather us all together...
Nice ha, really nice song!
Churches are in the same special style in Morocco, with the cubic structure, it is fun to see that they have the same style, I saw one church in every Moroccan city, there are few Christians in Morocco, and the second religion there is Judaism, after Islam!
Downtown is the first station to visit and see, as when you enter the city it is for sure by the gates and the gates here in a special way are the Downtown ;-)
More Reviews (100)
- See All Good bye Tetouan
- See All People
- See All Gifts
- It is a hotel and a Cafe
- See All Castelikho
dr.firas' Related Pages
Morocco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Me Inside You, You Inside My Morocco"
- "A wonder called Morocco"
- "Love the people and colours and sights of Morocco!"
- "A day of wandering during Ramadan 2006"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Morocco
- Hotels in Morocco
- Transportation in Morocco
- Nightlife in Morocco
- Restaurants in Morocco
- Shopping in Morocco
- Warnings and Dangers in Morocco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Morocco
- 130 Reviews
- 131 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Morocco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morocco
Top 10 Pages
- France Intro, 1004 reviews, 1017 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Syria Intro, 553 reviews, 546 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 330 reviews, 321 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 283 reviews, 297 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 246 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 227 reviews, 261 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 214 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lebanon Intro, 214 reviews, 220 photos, 5 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 197 reviews, 217 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 150 reviews, 175 photos, 5 travelogues