Syria Shopping Tips by dr.firas Top 5 Page for this destination
Syria Shopping: 27 reviews and 24 photos
The souk is the wonder land for the tourist, and the favorite place in many times and cases, and for sure how to resist when you are a female LOL
so going there will give you the choice to chose the typical Syrian gifts, take a look please to my Shopping tip of my Aleppo page to have an idea of what you could buy there!
What to buy: Souvenirs
What to pay: Depends on your skills LOL
Dayr az Zawr
Best gifts to buy in Dayr az Zawr are Coffee equipments, they are so folcloric and the local custom of the desert and Bedouin tradition, and very exotic for tourists!
Address: Dayr az Zawr
Me and the Sellers by MalenaN
I went to the Souk with Malena, I was shocked how honest and experiences less Malena is in negotiating to low the prices!
but to tell the truth I adored her more even after that!
I helped her to buy 3 pieces in the price of one!
I'm a good negotiator LOL
Shopping in Ma'lula is not that big choice for a tourist, but despite it could be attractive for some special qualities of Ma'lulas gifts and souvenirs.
There are the traditional hand made metal jars and vases, also there is the local wine made in Ma'lula :*Nbeet* is what we call in Syria. of a good quality and exotic taste somehow.
Shops in Tartus
There are some incredible beautiful hand made wooden ships in Arwad, little ones!
they are great!
and it is the best gift you can buy from the island!
Directions: Golden Sands
Yes even in small villages the Gold still the most wanted thing for women!
this shop is almost the same of what you can see in the souks or shops in big cities such as Damascus or Aleppo!
What to pay: it depends but its between 20$ up to 20000$
Directions: Muhafazat Hims
Me in one of these shops
Sea stuffs and equipments are almost every where in the streets of Latakia!
I don't think you'll have a problem to find them!
also you don't need to bring any other things with you except the swimming underwear!
What to pay: Its cheap and its about 5$
Directions: Cote d'Azur
Great is'nt it?
This Necklace is made with Camel bones!
first while I thought to my self: Eeeeekkkkk!
but soon I knew those bones were for dead animals!
which really made me feel better!
What to pay: 5 $
My sister Nour with the Bedouins Gifts
Don't worry Sellers will find you for sure!
some times you should be strict with them as they could really bother you like real Parasites!
so when you say NO
say it in a clear serious way!
What to buy: Gifts
What to pay: about 5$ not more
More Reviews (544)
- See All Good bye Idlib
- See All Buildings in Hims
- See All Old town
- See All Yummy
- See All Everything
- See All You have to get used to it
dr.firas' Related Pages
Syria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of the first Civilizations"
- "Welcome to Syria"
- "26 December 2002 - 6 January 2003"
- "Syria through the eyes of an American"
- "Syria, History and Culture."
- "Off The Beaten Path"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Syria
- Hotels in Syria
- Transportation in Syria
- Nightlife in Syria
- Restaurants in Syria
- Shopping in Syria
- Warnings and Dangers in Syria
- See All...
Explore the World
- West Lorne Hotels
- Freeport City Hotels
- Aguascalientes Hotels
- Pachacamac Hotels
Badges & Stats in Syria
- 683 Reviews
- 702 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Syria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Syria
Top 10 Pages
- France Intro, 1004 reviews, 1017 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Syria Intro, 553 reviews, 546 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 330 reviews, 342 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 283 reviews, 301 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 246 reviews, 281 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 227 reviews, 261 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 214 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lebanon Intro, 214 reviews, 220 photos, 5 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 197 reviews, 217 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 150 reviews, 191 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (262)
Top Syria hotels
- Busra ash Sham Hotels
- 51 Reviews - 254 Photos
- Palmyra Hotels
- 236 Reviews - 764 Photos
- Saydnaya Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 7 Photos
- Safita Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Marmarita Hotels
- 2 Reviews
- Kassab Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 20 Photos
- Jablah Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 1 Photo
- Idlib Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Hamah Hotels
- 131 Reviews - 421 Photos
- Aleppo Hotels
- 757 Reviews - 1848 Photos
- Damascus Hotels
- 822 Reviews - 2215 Photos
- Baniyas Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 39 Photos
- Az Zabadani Hotels
- 1 Review
- Al Mayadin Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Latakia Hotels
- 80 Reviews - 180 Photos