Syria Favorite Tips by dr.firas Top 5 Page for this destination
Syria Favorites: 220 reviews and 202 photos
Favorite thing: Here I said Good Bye Sergilla!
as this building is the last on the way!
and we started our way to Bara!
we walked this 2kms by feet!
it is better than riding to see everything slowly.
Fondest memory: When you reach this monument it means you should say good bye to this amazing place!
That’s what I did with mix emotions of happiness to see this all, and sadness to leave it all.
Good bye Idlib
Favorite thing: Ebla is not far from Idlib by car, and worth to be visited as you will find a great very ancient and first evidences of the very first alphabet in the world!
Favorite thing: The people here are simple, and whenever they have the chance to have fun and cool themselves with a bath or swim in the river, well they don't hesitate ;-)
Favorite thing: Inside the Major big Bathroom!
No evidences now for the equipments!
Nabil was Joking and said:
if you want you can see them in London or Paris museum!
Fondest memory: I was happy too see and even touch all those stones and rocks which tells us the story of those times!
I really wish all my friends to see this beautiful place one day!
Favorite thing: Pale of stones makes the Ruins...
and leave the many questions of the former time...
we still and stood here...
and catch the smell of the past!
Written by Dr.Firas for this Occasion!
Favorite thing: Nabil, our tour guide, explained very good how the old construction workers built the Arc!
first they put a carcass of wood!
then they add sands and water,
and finally they gather the stones!
and then they take off the wood bridge and the Arc is ready!
Favorite thing: Sergilla is a great hidden place which few tourists know about unfortunately!
well since you know it now!
you should think about a visit to this magic place!
Favorite thing: There are still very poor people here who have no sheltter and they live in the old ancient ruins!
they are homeless!
in fact they are the grand children of the people who lived in this area long time ago!
and they are mixed very clearly!
Favorite thing: The wether is hot in the summer and cold in the winter in Idlib in a big difference of degrees, and I don't know why, but it is the local thing about Idlib!
More Reviews (402)
- See All Buildings in Hims
- See All Old town
- See All Yummy
- See All Everything
- See All Souk and Souk
- See All You have to get used to it
dr.firas' Related Pages
Syria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of the first Civilizations"
- "Welcome to Syria"
- "26 December 2002 - 6 January 2003"
- "Syria through the eyes of an American"
- "Syria, History and Culture."
- "Off The Beaten Path"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Syria
- Hotels in Syria
- Transportation in Syria
- Nightlife in Syria
- Restaurants in Syria
- Shopping in Syria
- Warnings and Dangers in Syria
- See All...
Explore the World
- Akowonjo Hotels
- Fort Village Hotels
- Stampede Hotels
- Los Barriles Hotels
- Spindleruv Mlyn
Badges & Stats in Syria
- 683 Reviews
- 702 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Syria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Syria
Top 10 Pages
- France Intro, 1004 reviews, 1017 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Syria Intro, 553 reviews, 546 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 330 reviews, 342 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 283 reviews, 301 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 246 reviews, 281 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 227 reviews, 261 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 214 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lebanon Intro, 214 reviews, 220 photos, 5 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 197 reviews, 217 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 150 reviews, 191 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (262)
Top Syria hotels
- Busra ash Sham Hotels
- 51 Reviews - 254 Photos
- Damascus Hotels
- 822 Reviews - 2215 Photos
- Palmyra Hotels
- 236 Reviews - 764 Photos
- Saydnaya Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 7 Photos
- Safita Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Marmarita Hotels
- 2 Reviews
- Kassab Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 20 Photos
- Jablah Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 1 Photo
- Idlib Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Hamah Hotels
- 131 Reviews - 421 Photos
- Aleppo Hotels
- 757 Reviews - 1848 Photos
- Baniyas Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 39 Photos
- Az Zabadani Hotels
- 1 Review
- Al Mayadin Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Latakia Hotels
- 80 Reviews - 180 Photos