"Land of the first Civilizations" Top 5 Page for this destination Syria by dr.firas
Syria Travel Guide: 3,975 reviews and 10,297 photos
Syrian gate to the Mediterranean Sea!
Syria is a very special and gorgeous Country.
Not very good known as Egypt or Turkey for the western world.
But let us have a little travel in this page to see the holly land where Jesus roamed in his travel.
And where Abraham and his sons passed by during their lives.
And also where Mohamed traded and worked in.
But even thousand years before
First Civilizations with the age of 6000 years from today, lived once in that great land.
Akkadians, Phoenicians, Asureians, Ebla, Mary, Houthiens, Kaneanians, all those ancient Civilizations of 4000 BC. Lived and gave progress for the whole world.
Archeologists said Aleppo and Damascus are the first founded cities ever in the face of Earth.
First alphabet in the world the nail style alphabet was founded in Ugarit where Latakia Syrian City is placed today!
First Organized tribes and systemizing of a real City was in Syria.
First legends, Mysticism, Primitive Philosophy, were all created on this land.
A place for the big amalgam of all the great ancient civilizations such as: Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Babylonians, Indian, Persian, and Chinese done in Syria.
Very rich in archeological treasures, Syrian People jokes: WHEREVER YOU'LL DIG THE GROUND IN SYRIA, YOU'LL FIND ANCIENT TREASURES.
In fact the joke is reality.
I believe Syria is the richest point of the planet in ancient stuffs.
Silk way, which passed through Syria to connect Asia Far East and Europe the west, was viable because of this great land.
Though Shakespeare wrote about Aleppo in his wonderful story: "Makbeth".
I am indeed very proud of being Syrian, in this blessed land.
- Pros:Too many activities and much to see and visit
- Cons:Sorry I can't be biased at all here
- In a nutshell:I'm so proud to be Syrian
Here I said Good Bye Sergilla! as this building is the last on the way! and we started our way to Bara! we walked this... more travel advice
The people here are simple, and whenever they have the chance to have fun and cool themselves with a bath or swim in the... more travel advice
- See All Buildings in Hims
- See All Old town
- See All Yummy
- See All Everything
- See All Souk and Souk
- See All You have to get used to it
dr.firas' Related Pages
Syria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of the first Civilizations"
- "Welcome to Syria"
- "26 December 2002 - 6 January 2003"
- "Syria through the eyes of an American"
- "Syria, History and Culture."
- "Off The Beaten Path"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Syria
- Hotels in Syria
- Transportation in Syria
- Nightlife in Syria
- Restaurants in Syria
- Shopping in Syria
- Warnings and Dangers in Syria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Syria
- 683 Reviews
- 702 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Syria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Syria
Top 10 Pages
- France Intro, 1004 reviews, 1017 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Syria Intro, 553 reviews, 546 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 330 reviews, 342 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 283 reviews, 301 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 246 reviews, 281 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 227 reviews, 261 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 214 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lebanon Intro, 214 reviews, 220 photos, 5 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 197 reviews, 217 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 150 reviews, 191 photos, 5 travelogues