Aleppo Favorite Tips by dr.firas Top 5 Page for this destination
Aleppo Favorites: 86 reviews and 95 photos
Favorite thing: With it's superb located zone,the strength of Archers,warriors,knights and many tricky stuffs like the Aqueduct which was surrounding the entire Citadel,and the right placed Main door in a 90 degree corner to make a penetration very difficult,boiling oil,secret ways under ground.....
Fondest memory: Check out this picture, here you enter like me and you can not use the wood cylinder to attack a door in the right!
Beautiful minds and excellent defense idea!
Favorite thing: The Ceiling of the Mosque:
Gorgeous as always in any Mosque,
the great thing in this Mosque is the experience when you stand in the right side and then try to whisper so low to the one who stands in the left side, and like magic you will hear each other despite the distance
Favorite thing: If the Mouazen climbs and call for the prayers from there the whole city will listen!
Actually couple of years later the tower is just a symbol of a Mosque, the Microphone makes it obsolete
Favorite thing: Salsabil is the word expalining the water resource for hygiene and drinking!
it was designed like this to make the public service much easier of getting water inside the citadel
Favorite thing: Sorry to have this bad lighted picture, but it is the origin jug of the King, one of the many of them, ha ha ha and it is till now full of water!
Even the construction workers who are in restoration the Citadel use it as a jug for water but for their instruments, LOL
Without damaging it of course!
Favorite thing: Archer is ready to shoot, his arches and arrows are ready, and it is placed all over in all the directions of the citadel to guarantee a full defense , and by the way almost impossible to kill the Archer from this shield!
Favorite thing: Death by arrows and boiling oil is ready to meet any invader, the king looks to the Archer doing his job, but he must go in silence, the upper window is for shooting the arrows, and the lower one is for the boiling oil Eeeeeek!
Favorite thing: Now he close the gate after him and go down in calm steps to get out of the citadel, he has mixed feelings, happy one for his safety, and sad for his losing!
Favorite thing: The King turns left and know about the secret path leading out of the falling citadel in the case of losing the battle, in this scenario, he run and open the ground gate and here it is a stairs to the freedom!
Favorite thing: The king is out now from his Royal throne room and the first he see is this defense point of the leader *General* hall, he see that it is still empty and many bodies are thrown near by, but he knows where to go next so he over pass them all and go ahead!
More Reviews (68)
- See All The Centre
- See All Meeting
- See All Road in the Souk
- See All Not for sale!
- See All Cars
- See All Shahba El Sham
dr.firas' Related Pages
Aleppo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aleppo is the place to be!!!"
- "Aleppo - حلب"
- "Aleppo - the Oldest City in the World"
- "Syria's second city - unique and wonderful."
- "Aleppine Photos - Dec 2006"
- "Vt-meeting at Touring Club"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aleppo
- Hotels in Aleppo
- Transportation in Aleppo
- Nightlife in Aleppo
- Restaurants in Aleppo
- Shopping in Aleppo
- Warnings and Dangers in Aleppo
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kennebunk Hotels
- Nesebar Hotels
- Anji Hotels
- Burma Hotels
- San Simeon
- Saint Lucia Island
Badges & Stats in Aleppo
- 130 Reviews
- 156 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 109 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Aleppo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aleppo
Top 10 Pages
- France Intro, 1004 reviews, 1017 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Syria Intro, 553 reviews, 546 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 330 reviews, 342 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 283 reviews, 301 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 246 reviews, 281 photos, 5 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 227 reviews, 261 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 214 reviews, 230 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lebanon Intro, 214 reviews, 220 photos, 5 travelogues
- Netherlands Intro, 197 reviews, 217 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portugal Intro, 150 reviews, 191 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (262)
Latest Aleppo hotel reviews
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2012
- Chahba Cham Palace Hotel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2010
- BEIT WAKIL
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 18, 2012
- Mandaloun Hotel-Restaurant Aleppo
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 30, 2012
- Planet Hotel
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 3, 2011
- Coral Julia Dumna Hotel
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 21, 2012
- Sheraton Aleppo Hotel
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 5, 2013
- Dar Zamaria
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
- Baron Hotel
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 21, 2012
- Dar Halabia Hotel
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2011
- Ramsis Hotel
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 22, 2011
- Amir Palace Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Mirage Palace
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 16, 2011
- Tourist Hotel
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 6, 2012
- Beit Salahieh Hotel
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 24, 2012
- Citadel- 49 Reviews, 140 Photos
- Souqs- 17 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Umayyad Mosque- 19 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Christian Quarter- 16 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Madrassa Halawiyya- 4 Reviews, 11 Photos
- The Old City- 8 Reviews, 19 Photos
- National Museum- 8 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Khan Al Gumruk- 2 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Bab Antakya - Antioch Gate- 4 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Yalbouga Hammam- 3 Reviews, 9 Photos
See All Aleppo Things to Do