"The golden friendly city" Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev by Bobek

Kiev Travel Guide: 1,677 reviews and 4,294 photos

There is beauty wherever you look

It is almost impossible to describe the beauty of this magnificent city. I have been there now several times during summer, autumn and winter and whenever I came it felt like everything around me welcomed me. The air, the sun, the houses and even the frost were friendly. I made friends with the streets of the city, the parks and a number of people. I stayed in a private flat during that time. Actually it was 2 different flats that I got to know and if someone is planning to go to Kiev, I will be happy to give some advice. There are around 2,000 photos in my file now and it is somehow difficult to make a selection.

I have spent countless hours to write the descriptions to what I have experienced in Kiev, I also spent many, many hours to prepare and optimize the corresponding images. Sometime in 2006 I reached the # 1 notch for Kiev - but in May 2006 the VT management decided to make a book on various destinations using the resources from the VT community. A use in a commercial way of what thousands of other VT members have contributed here. I guess every community member received this announcement. Yet since they all MUST agree to disclaim their intellectual property (and their copyrights) prior to using this website, I decided to remove the major portion of my contributions about Kiev. This is because I dislike that someones takes advantage from my materials commercially. And this is why in many cases you will find my texts being truncated and the images miniaturized to thumbnail size.

If anyone is interested in more information on this wonderful city, I will be glad to help on a direct and individual basis. - Bobek 28 May 2006

• Pros:There is no place with more magic in this world
  • Cons:Cyrillic is a bit complicated to read
  • In a nutshell:Encounter with your soul watching Dnipro river flow
  • Last visit to Kiev: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated May 28, 2006

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Thanks for your very detailed and observant tips, friend! Always nice to read your pages! I'm sorry you had to remove the text....

• condorito's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2008 at 5:53 AM

Nice page, why all is removed? Lysenko report?

• elena-kiev's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2007 at 8:18 AM

thank you for the great photos and memories of Kiev! I'm from kiev but I saw places in the new view! you show and describe them in the new way and I really like it! contact me when you'll be here next time Elena

• om_212's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2007 at 5:30 AM

i really enjoy reading your Kyiv page (despite all truncations :) thank you for understanding and capturing not only sights but also the essence of Ukrainian culture.

• Sashay's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2006 at 11:51 AM

Good day, the link is not listed for the online Kiev map. Is it possible you could send to: GS543LDR@AOL.COM Thank you, Joe

• triplehelix's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2006 at 12:36 AM

through all its political issues, ukraine still shines beautifully. its a good thing i can read cyrillic!

• danroche's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2006 at 10:11 AM

Outstanding Travel book, got loads of my questions answered very well!

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2005 at 11:16 PM

interesting point of view about Kiev :-) Nice restaurants tips, next time in Kieb I will pay attention to many places.

• flyingkiwi's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2005 at 6:31 PM

I loved the Market Scenes Bobek! Remeber walking round these parts not so long ago myself. Thanks. mark

• Bigjones's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2005 at 1:10 AM

I won't ask you what's your next destination then if it brings bad luck. And should I say that I didn't enjoy your off the beaten path tips to say the contrary as well ? ;-)

Badges & Stats in Kiev