"Paris - The City of Lights" Paris by virtualpatrick

Paris Travel Guide: 22,631 reviews and 55,568 photos

I went to France in Aug 2000 with some trepidation since I did not know how to speak French. However, memorizing a few key French travel phrases and asking if they speak a little English, I was able to navigate through Paris, Nice, Cannes, and Monaco.

My time in Paris was spent seeing most of the cultural attractions this fine city has to offer. I did not complete visiting Paris - did not even see the Montmarte / Sacre Cour area (intentionally?) - since I know I will return another day with that certain someone to see how many scenes we can recreate from the movies Amelie and Moulin Rouge.

I have converted most of the images in Paris to black and white since I like the moodiness of Paris to show as various shades of grey like in the 'classical Paris' movies.

In this picture, I am on top of Arc de Triomphe capturing a view of the city during sunset.

• Pros:Art, architecture, & gastronomical experience.
  • Cons:Long lines at major attractions.
  • Last visit to Paris: Aug 2000
  • Intro Updated Dec 9, 2003

• rwlittle's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2004 at 9:38 AM

Thanks for the hotel recommendation, hopefully it will come in handy this summer!

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2004 at 4:21 PM

I will be there in May, and I cant wait

• Jan 13, 2004 at 6:38 AM

HAHA A real priceless moment! :-)

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2003 at 2:11 PM

Hey! I dropped by to wish you HNY! Then came across this page for the first time. You've got some fabulous b/w pics here VP! I didn't make it back to Barrio Latino this last time, but hopefully can save some room for it next time! Salsaaaaaaa!!!! ;-))

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2003 at 12:01 PM

Wonderful b&w pics. Paris is a wonderful city, best watched at night.

• daddygila's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2003 at 1:35 PM

Great shot from Notre Dame. As the Hunchback says in the film..."What was I not made of stone like thee?"

• Mique's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2003 at 2:01 PM

Nice Gargoyle! You know they come to life at night..

virtualpatrick

“"Travel. Have fun. Repeat." The journey is the destination.”

Badges & Stats in Paris