"Hello Travelers" virtualpatrick's Profile

It took me awhile to get to the site. My normal mode of transportation gone. As I walk closer, the crowds get larger but the silence was deafening.

An acrid chemical smell permeate the air. I take small breaths as it surely can not be good for me.

To the right of me, tourists protecting themselves with surgical masks. To the left, a crying couple. I take my turn trying to get a good view of something so bad. Concrete and steel a symbol of strength and structure, transformed into a twisted, crumbling pile of rubble.

But I had to be there... remembering... working there... dining there... wondering if someone I knew directly or indirectly...

"...the long awaited return to Barcelona finally happened in May. My favorite shot of Casa Batlló along Passeig de Gracia at night...

"... sunset from the top of the Empire State Building ... "
Should I wait for midnight?...

{Finally fixed this link regarding Adobe Flash issues}
I've created a Euro04 Slideshow of some of the photos from Netherlands, SW France, and Brugge. It's set to a background ambient music. The music can be turned off by clicking on the "speaker" button at the lower right of the slideshow. (~4.4 mb)

There's also the Gredos Slideshow of some of the candid photos from Barco de Avila and Madrid. It's set to a background music to a medley of songs to give a flavor to the good times had at the Vaughan Systems English immersion program. (~3.7mb)

TRAVEL PLANS:

- Orlando (Nov 2010 & ...)
- Toronto (Jul 2010)
- Barcelona (May 2010)

Yes - I returned to Spain for a few weeks in 2004 to be part of the "English" speaking crew in an English immersion program for Spanish business people (see El Barco de Avila and Madrid pages).

LATEST PAGE UPDATES:
Seattle
San Juan
SEPT 04
Amsterdam
- Linked to my Euro04 slideshow set to ambient music.
El Barco de Avila and Madrid
- Linked to my Englishtown Slideshow set to Gipsy Kings music.

My niece and nephew are growing up so fast I can't believe it.

I'll be using this page to keep a list of all the places I have been to in my life and give visitors a slice of the experience through pictures and travelogues.

I currently live in Jersey City, NJ - right across the Hudson River from lower Manhattan / NYC. As a management and IT consultant, I've been to numerous North American cities. However, my favorite memories are from going on vacation to other countries and experiencing other cultures.

• Intro Updated Sep 27, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
virtualpatrick's Profile Photo

virtualpatrick

“"Travel. Have fun. Repeat." The journey is the destination.”

Real Name