"A Cool Town" Gheorgheni by jazezork
Gheorgheni Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 137 photos
Gheorgheni is a pretty small town in the mountains. This area is said to have the coldest weather in Romania.
The vast majority of people living in Gheorgheni are Hungarian. They speak Hungarian, and the television programs are in Hungarian (often with Romanian subtitles). They also learn the Romanian language as a second language in school, but many people of Gheorgheni probably rarely have occasion to speak to anyone in the Romanian language. The people have a Hungarian culture, and see themselves as being different from (and, generally, more hospitable and more civilized than) Romanian people.
There are, however, a minority of residents who are not Hungarian. Some of these people are Romanian people. There is a school for their children, where classes are taught in Romanian. And there are some Gypsy people in Gheorgheni too.
See my Travelogue page for more photos and descriptions.
jazezork's Related Pages
Gheorgheni Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Gheorgheni
- 0 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Gheorgheni?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gheorgheni
Photos in GheorgheniSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Sofia Intro, 1 review, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Trigrad Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- G'ovren Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bucharest Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rilski Manastir Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Joseni Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gheorgheni Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ljubljana Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Bankya Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Devin Intro, 3 photos