"Zermatt- A Fairy Tale Setting" Zermatt by Skigirl
Zermatt Travel Guide: 567 reviews and 1,615 photos
This was my first European Ski trip with the Ski Club it was also the most memorable. The fabulous skiing and the adventure of traveling over a glacier into Breuil-Cervinia, Italy was awesome. The contrast of the quaint swiss chalet against the modern glass and concrete of the Italian side of the Matterhorn is intense. Every morning is inspiring in this magical village. There are no automobiles allowed so the alpine air is fresh and crisp. The Matterhorn is larger than life and the people are warm and welcoming.
- Pros:Beautiful, picturesque village with long, long ski trails.
- Cons:The adventure to the top may take an hour or so.
- In a nutshell:Zermatt is a fairy tale village that invites you in.
Make sure to leave enough room to bring back alpine treasures. Boots-comfortable walking/hiking Warm hat, gloves and... more travel advice
Walking around the village with the grande Matterhorn in the background the air is crisp and the horses trotting through... more travel advice
Skigirl's Related Pages
Zermatt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "See you there this Summer or Winter..."
- "Zermatt and the Majestic Matterhorn"
- "Zermatt - Gateway to the mighty Matterhorn"
- "Zermatt...Guardian of the Matterhorn"
- "Zermatt and the Mighty Matterhorn"
- "Matterhorn Collection"
- "Zermatt - The Matterhorn Experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zermatt
- Hotels in Zermatt
- Transportation in Zermatt
- Nightlife in Zermatt
- Restaurants in Zermatt
- Shopping in Zermatt
- Warnings and Dangers in Zermatt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zermatt
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Zermatt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zermatt
Top 10 Pages
- Key West Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- Zermatt Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Breckenridge Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Santiago Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Courchevel Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Oahu Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Waikiki Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Nagano Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos